Discuss A real brain teaser, its got me beat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he means cold pushing through tap back through hot pipe which shouldnt be the case if your hot is off a combi.

Sorry that wouldnt be the case because it would come out of spout. Still if you got isolation (ball'o'fix) on your bath tap supplies it wouldnt hurt to turn them off and check.

No, he means cold pushing through tap back through hot pipe which shouldnt be the case if your hot is off a combi.

Ah right, I follow, both the hot tap and cold are off

I'm grabbing at straws here (just hope there isnt a leak on the dam straws though :-( )

I really didnt think this topic would stretch to so many pages, sorry lads, you must have better things to do with your Sunday evenings

Sorry that wouldnt be the case because it would come out of spout. Still if you got isolation (ball'o'fix) on your bath tap supplies it wouldnt hurt to turn them off and check.

I hadnt put them on the bath or HB, was relying on the no 3 SC to isolate them (not often people change taps or do washers) there is one on WC, though, (that washer in there gets done more often I have found, but they have a standard BV in that)

you must have better things to do with your Sunday evenings
Actually no, im on-call and its my birthday so i cant drink, and ive only had two jobs today, so im like a coiled spring ready to pounce. By the way, where are you?

Actually no, im on-call and its my birthday so i cant drink, and ive only had two jobs today, so im like a coiled spring ready to pounce. By the way, where are you?

West London, Northolt, the job is 15 minutes away, its a tip, they just upsticks and went on holiday, leaving me, a chinese kitchen fitter (who speaks no English) a house sitter who is Sri Lankan (and speaks no English) its a bloody nightmare

I'm supposed to be retired, I did all my on call stuff at LHR, 1 in 3, a call out every night while on call,

Not much of a birthday, but try and have a happy one :)

(I have got to the age when I dont celebrate, I commiserate)

Its not true how loud you shout at them, they still dont understand you:mad::mad::mad:

A combi, but that is fed from SC 2, there isnt a problem on that side, its from SC 3 to the bathroom, just on the CWM which feeds just the bath, HB and WC

Just to reinterate (there are a lot of pages to go through, and rather than read the lot, here it is in a nutshell)

SC 1 feeds everywhere, SC 2 feeds the granny flat, boiler, sink in the granny flat, shower, WC in the granny flat AND the new kitchen

SC 3 feeds JUST the bathroom on the main house and just CW and this is where the problem is, the meter only runs when SC 1 and SC are open but taps are shut (WC isolated)

Okay ?

Clear as mud :):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A real brain teaser, its got me beat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock