Discuss 8mm Boat plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krustynutz

Heres one for someone who is accustomed to working on the small
pipes used in boats and caravans..

I have fitted a bubble tester in my boat to help comply with boat safety regulations.. when I use the tester I get about one bubble every 15 seconds. Nothing too drastic, but one bubble is clearly too many..

I am pretty sure the problem lies in a T piece that branches off and feeds the fridge.. The T piece is a normal 8mm compression fitting.
However, on one junction there is a short tail connecting to the fridge hose..

This tail piece is Not a compression fitting, it just screws on where the original compression nut was.. no olive.. no compression..

I am sure this is wrong but have been unable to find a similar fitting
that is better...

On the other hand, I may be completely wrong and that this is a normal way of attaching a tail piece ???

any advice much appreciated ... the finished job will be inspected by an expert but I want to get it right first under my own steam

Ta
Chris

this "bubble tester" what is it made of is it glass? any chance of some photo`s :)regards turnpin

Last edited:
this is an updated version of what I know as a Drezzle bottle a guy I know had a shop that used to recondition cookers and this was part of his testing equipment his one was made by pyrex the glass people and looked like a piece of frankensteins laborotary.:eek::)regards turnpin

A nice anecdote........But Any thoughts on the query I posted ???

Chris

this "bubble tester" what is it made of is it glass? any chance of some photo`s :)regards turnpin

Perhaps I should have made it clearer sorry any chance of a photo of the connection you suspect is leaking:)regards turnpin

dont have any pictures handy but an 8mm brass T compression fitting is pretty much the same wherever you buy them ..

The hose nozzle attached is a plain brass screw fit that goes on the centre of the T ... But it is not a compression fit... just screws on.

you need to replace the hose adaptor with a...HA312 plus an 8mm nut and olive and a short piece of 8mm copper tube sealed with suitable sealant for lpg:)regards turnpin

This type hose union I think would fit 8mm compression tee as I think it 1/4" bsp but I may be wrong.

Eco

Attachments

• 96555_03.jpg
    96555_03.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 14
you need to replace the hose adaptor with a...HA312 plus an 8mm nut and olive and a short piece of 8mm copper tube sealed with suitable sealant for lpg:)regards turnpin

thanks for the advice.. what would a 'suitable sealant' be ??

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 8mm Boat plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock