Discuss 4 bar pressure. Should I turn it on?!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kkelly77

I had an issue with frozen pipes for the CH the last few days. Repaired a burst outside pipe and re-insulated it which seems to have thawed the freeze.

However the pressure gauge on my boiler which normally reads just under 1 bar is now at it's max, 4 bar!!! Should I turn on the CH with the pressure this high? Or should I drain off some water in the CH system?

Need to get the heating going while I have the chance. Thanks.

K

Attachments

• pressure gauge.jpg
    pressure gauge.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 35
Have you left the filling loop open? Twist the red part to release some of the pressure in the system, I would expect water to have been discharging out of the Pressure relief pipe if that is a true reading. Anything over 3 bar and that valve with the guage on should open up to release the pressure outside.

dont touch the red valve, drain some water of via a rad to 1 to 1,5 when cold and that will be ok

at the end of the day, the pressure relief valve is not operating as it should and requires replacement (safety device). as previously stated they are usually set to 3 bar.

Only as soon as I posted my original message, I check the pressure valve again only to find it back to 0 again.

Unfortunately I found another burst pipe after some investigation. Replaced burst section and did my best to re insulate. Have a blower heater on the pipes at the moment. Gauge still reading 0.

Attachments

• Burst pipe 2.jpg
    Burst pipe 2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 34
when all done check for all and any more leaks , then i would take it up to only 1 bar cold, run on low temp. for 1 hour and keep an eye on things , if ok, then up to 1.5bar (only if you have run it at very low temp/min.) see how you go from there but it should not get up to or near 3bar. if it does it then can and will be dangerous.

regards,
merry xmass.

Still no luck with the blower heater. Gauge at 0 and hasn't budged. Pipes could be frozen anywhere, especially seeing as they go underground and I have no idea where they are routed. Looks like it'll be a chilly Christmas morning.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!!

gotta ask the question even though it should be obvious, but, have you actually tried re-pressurising the system via filling link ?

gotta ask the question even though it should be obvious, but, have you actually tried re-pressurising the system via filling link ?

No. It's a vented system so any time I've had to drain it before I just let the header tank refill and that would take it back up to ~1 bar

hi there , just try a little in see if you get any where , see if you get a reading on gauge . would hate to think no heating x mass, we try to keep a eye on here if i can but got guess"S here !! good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 4 bar pressure. Should I turn it on?!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock