Search the forum,

Discuss 2007 Transit, 124K in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Seen this, what you reckon?
Transit TDCi 2198 cc, 85ps, 124k, 12m mot, 5 doors. Says geniune miles but doesn`t say FSH asking £2995

check everywhere for rust,they fall to bits quite young other than that quite good mechanically ,however landy defenders use the same lump and have had engine issues 2.0 durotorque is much better

Last edited by a moderator:
Check front bulkhead roughly where your feet go, low down in the footwell.
Usually gaping holes appear there

I wont buy a transit due to the rust issue, unless its brand new wouldn't buy one, vivaro\traffic for me
sound like a good deal, need to give it a real good look over though, and test drive, and take it you your mechanic to cast an eye over is always worth while its better to pay

I'd honestly try and stick to the old shape if you were looking at that age and price mate, should be able to get a good 06 or 56 plate for that with less miles and they arr much tougher. .so I hear anyway ☺

Ive also spoke to a mechanic guy who works at our local ford dealer, and even he says fordys have fair fell by waistside to what they used to be, when i was lookin to purchase a van 2 months ago i recieved so much mixed reviews that at end of day all vans have an element of shizer, so as long as your happy rpm go for it, i drove a v reg van for years its only recently ive went newer as sick of older vans being money pits,

Personally I would not waste my money on the newer transits complete rot boxes..brum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2007 Transit, 124K in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock