Discuss 2007 Transit, 124K in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Seen this, what you reckon?
Transit TDCi 2198 cc, 85ps, 124k, 12m mot, 5 doors. Says geniune miles but doesn`t say FSH asking £2995

check everywhere for rust,they fall to bits quite young other than that quite good mechanically ,however landy defenders use the same lump and have had engine issues 2.0 durotorque is much better

Last edited by a moderator:
Check front bulkhead roughly where your feet go, low down in the footwell.
Usually gaping holes appear there

I wont buy a transit due to the rust issue, unless its brand new wouldn't buy one, vivaro\traffic for me
sound like a good deal, need to give it a real good look over though, and test drive, and take it you your mechanic to cast an eye over is always worth while its better to pay

I'd honestly try and stick to the old shape if you were looking at that age and price mate, should be able to get a good 06 or 56 plate for that with less miles and they arr much tougher. .so I hear anyway ☺

Ive also spoke to a mechanic guy who works at our local ford dealer, and even he says fordys have fair fell by waistside to what they used to be, when i was lookin to purchase a van 2 months ago i recieved so much mixed reviews that at end of day all vans have an element of shizer, so as long as your happy rpm go for it, i drove a v reg van for years its only recently ive went newer as sick of older vans being money pits,

Personally I would not waste my money on the newer transits complete rot boxes..brum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2007 Transit, 124K in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Funny
    • Love
Hi ladies and gents, Just thought I'd give you a laugh. As some of you are aware, I'm currently the owner of a newsagent's shop out in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i went to service one off these today but i had to abandon and say i'll be back in a couple of days. This has really throughn me badly and...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Had a job booked in this morning, renew all rads in the property. Downstairs rads are in solid floor so customer said just change rads and alter...
Replies
Views
I have my initial gas safe inspection coming up after successfully completing my ACS a few weeks ago - and, it's fair to say i'm slightly nervous...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock