Discuss 15mm Copper Gas Pipe Length in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having my kitchen refurbished and wish to place a gas 'range' on an external wall for ease of venting as opposed to what I already have with a electric ceramic hob/oven on an internal wall.

My current copper pipework runs outside my property from the meter in the garage (where the combi boiler is) across the front and down the side of the house where it enters the house and terminates to a gas fire

Considering extending this 15mm pipework by another 15 meters or so to the range cooker

Before i commit to purchasing the Range, the question is, whats the general max distance for copper pipework to supply a good supply?

I appreciate that there are reduction in flow owing to bends etc, just want an idea. So if you say 15m its a non starter, but if you say 50m, its worth further investigation...

Thanks in advance

Is this a wind up? You need a gas Safe engineer my friend. Let them tell you. Short answer is no though

Agree Kozak,
but i really don't wish to waste anyone's time in calling someone out if its a non starter, sure you guys have enough to do without wasting time on determining if something is likely to work or not from the outset...

Agree Kozak,
but i really don't wish to waste anyone's time in calling someone out if its a non starter, sure you guys have enough to do without wasting time on determining if something is likely to work or not from the outset...

You will not be wasting a gsr's time by calling them out to take a butchers. In fact you'll be saving money and, quite probably, lives.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 15mm Copper Gas Pipe Length in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the...
Replies
Views
I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and...
Replies
Views
Im fitting a kitchen in my own house . When removing the gas oven on a bayonet fitting and turned the gas hob off and removed a four burner gas...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
I am undergoing a whole house refurb including new plumbing, boiler, rads etc. I specifically asked for new copper pipes throughout the property...
Replies
Views
Northgan
N
Back