Discuss 10mm copper pipe or 8mm pipe measurements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dsd7037

Hi

I need to replace my radiator. How can I measure whether existing pipework is 10mm or 8mm. I can do circumference but diameter of fitted pipe is slightly difficult how can I determine what the pipe size is for new pipe I need to order? Whats best way to determine size. Does anyone have circumference of a 10mm or 8mm pipe as I can easily measure my pipe circumference ?

Reason.
My new radiator has a 15 mm radiator valve. The pipework in floor is either 8mm or 10mm. So could I put a reducer on the radiator value 15X10? Will this work

or put reducer on 10mm pipe feeding into a 15 mm pipe (so not really reducing but increasing) Is there an impact of connecting a 10mm pipe feeding into a 15mm pipe on radiator.

Please help

Thanks
D

you just have to measure the diameter mate thats what i do if you cant use your tape measure use a steel ruler or something similiar, you get compression reducers that fit into the 15mm valve will look much better than increasing to 15mm with a reducer, you can buy the valves with the reducers with them for future reference all you need to do is measure the pipe first then tell the supplier you want a 8 or 10mm valve.

Time for some pi!
The circumference is equal to the diameter multiplied by pi

so 8mm circumference is 8 x 3.14 = 25.12 mm
and 10mm circumference is 10 x 3.14 = 31.40 mm

but you should be able to measure the diameter as mentioned above by GQ

I was thinking of investing in one of those gadgets myself, but at the moment its not high on my list :p

Be good and might be you will get one next Christmas.
If you wright it on the list ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 10mm copper pipe or 8mm pipe measurements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock