Currently reading:
10mm copper pipe or 8mm pipe measurements

Discuss 10mm copper pipe or 8mm pipe measurements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dsd7037

Hi

I need to replace my radiator. How can I measure whether existing pipework is 10mm or 8mm. I can do circumference but diameter of fitted pipe is slightly difficult how can I determine what the pipe size is for new pipe I need to order? Whats best way to determine size. Does anyone have circumference of a 10mm or 8mm pipe as I can easily measure my pipe circumference ?

Reason.
My new radiator has a 15 mm radiator valve. The pipework in floor is either 8mm or 10mm. So could I put a reducer on the radiator value 15X10? Will this work

or put reducer on 10mm pipe feeding into a 15 mm pipe (so not really reducing but increasing) Is there an impact of connecting a 10mm pipe feeding into a 15mm pipe on radiator.

Please help

Thanks
D

you just have to measure the diameter mate thats what i do if you cant use your tape measure use a steel ruler or something similiar, you get compression reducers that fit into the 15mm valve will look much better than increasing to 15mm with a reducer, you can buy the valves with the reducers with them for future reference all you need to do is measure the pipe first then tell the supplier you want a 8 or 10mm valve.

Time for some pi!
The circumference is equal to the diameter multiplied by pi

so 8mm circumference is 8 x 3.14 = 25.12 mm
and 10mm circumference is 10 x 3.14 = 31.40 mm

but you should be able to measure the diameter as mentioned above by GQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 10mm copper pipe or 8mm pipe measurements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock