Search the forum,

Discuss 10mm/12mm Monoblock Tap Tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gas

Got a 10 bathroom/kitchen council job on next week, we have the stock in now, but all the basin and kitchen monoblock taps have come with flex hoses, where do people get the tails for soldering to 15 milly?

(Stock not ordered by us, some goon at the council)

im supprised the council has requested mixer taps, they normally go for single taps 2 tap hole basins for maintenance reasons.If the taps have come from the council then why cant you use the tails supplied?

Copper tails can be brought from most merchants, tho they may not keep them in stock. Why not speak to Ray Stafford a form member and sponsor, im sure he could help you out.

Defo talk to ray he is the man to talk to im off over too the maidstone branch this week to see what i can buy

im supprised the council has requested mixer taps, they normally go for single taps 2 tap hole basins for maintenance reasons.If the taps have come from the council then why cant you use the tails supplied?

Copper tails can be brought from most merchants, tho they may not keep them in stock. Why not speak to Ray Stafford a form member and sponsor, im sure he could help you out.

Must admit that we don't keep them in stock, although something that perhaps we should look at.

I'm also a bit surprised that you aren't just fitting the flexis as supplied - most council contracts pay such tight money that contractors don't usually upgrade the materials (although I can see why you might want to on a private job)

Use 1/4" male x 15mm end feed (the fitting that screws into the bottom of a gas fire pedestal) but as Ray says, it's costing you to upgrade an already tight job

This was a non starter due to price, normal 15mm-1/2 are about 70p each, i though the nipples would be half that, but they are not, works out to about ÂŁ4 each tap.

Reason i wanted to put a decent fitting on is because if they leak anytime within 4 years, we have to go back and fix it at cost (i thought) but we never supplied the materials, so our contract is only for services and not goods, the scheme sponsor is liable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 10mm/12mm Monoblock Tap Tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm a council tenant and my bathroom basin is broken and needs replacing, it has standard pillar taps. Do you know if councils would ever replace it with a mixer tap one if I paid the difference? (I'm guessing no but it's worth a try). How much more complicated and time consuming is it to...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the manufacturers - the nearest equivalent is apparently this one: GoodHome Lazu 1 lever Mini Contemporary Basin Mono mixer Tap | DIY at B&Q -...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hello: obsessed with trying to resolve a Franke (Atlas kitchen tap ) pull out hose issue: the hose seems to be 14mm - the tail standard 19mm? Seems a connector missing (now lost). If anyone knows how or where to bodge or find spare - ideas all gratefully received :cool:
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock