Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the Central Heating Forum - Also see on the electrical forum: Central Heating Systems..

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

Hello all, We have a Worcester Bosch GB162 100kw boiler in a residential block for the communal heating serving 12 flats. We currently sporadically manually set the boiler's flow temperature (e.g. 60 degrees when not too cold and 70 degrees when cold) on the boiler itself and use a timer to...
Replies
Views
I need some advice on whether to have the early model burner, 87181206190 replaced with the same part number Mk 5 type. I have my annual service due in a couple of weeks, and while booking it with the guy who did it last year, I remembered that he had commented about the burner being the old...
Replies
Views
My central heating controller (Horstmann H27XL) is getting more difficult to use due to it's age and because of a disability I have reduced dexterity in my fingers and find the buttons difficult to press. I have been looking at these so called smart thermostats such as Nest, Hive and the...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hi All, Fitted a willow Yonos Pico pump 25-1-6-130 after the advice on here. What I'm confused about is the pump needs to be set for head at either. 1-4 mtrs or 1-6 mtrs (see below attachment) my system has 8 radiator's and is a closed pressurised system. I worried if I pick wrong setting I'll...
Replies
Views
I am looking for advice on the best boiler system for my home. It is currently: a 4-bedroom mid-terrace period house of stone construction 1 toilet on ground floor 1 bathroom with bath and electric shower on 1st floor 28kw combi boiler fitted in kitchen 2000 sq. ft. with fairly high ceilings...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am getting a new Central heating system installed and looking for advice on the best design. The heating system will consist of the following components: System Boiler. Megaflo. 2 Zone Underfloor heating. 15 Radiators. I have narrowed it to the Heatmiser Neo stat system or...
Replies
Views
Hi, I woke up this morning to a damp patch under the radiator bleed valve, it looks like the seal is damaged as the water is coming out from the edges at the bottom. My concern is there seems to be a lot of rust at the which may have made the leak worse. It's mainly just the paint that's flaked...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
I need advice on flushing out my central heating system. Lower two floors underfloor, top floor radiators. Oil fired system
Replies
Views
Robin Overall
R
Hello all, I have a Grant Vortex Mag-One filter which is leaking from one of the three caps on the top of the unit, I think its the central black one(see Photo attached) I have some new o-rings ready and the service instructions (see attached Photo) but am not sure on a couple of items and hope...
Replies
Views
I live in a very cold 3 bed detacthed house. We have a Baxi 400 heat only boiler and use Tado smart thermostat and controler to replace the old honeywell programmer. Pump is a CirculatingPumps CP50. The boiler flow temp is set at 75c and the thermistat is at 21c but it is not warm enough and...
Replies
Views
T
I currently have normal programme controls with thermostat for 3 zones (3 floors). The main controls are located together on the ground floor and individual thermostat controls on the 2 other floors. Would either a Nest system or Hive be adaptable, if so any advice on which would be best & how...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I am a DIY'er and I need to replace the 3-port valve of my bungalow. I am aware I could bung the F&E but I don't really want to chance this approach with the risk of water going everywhere, but I'd also rather not FULLY drain the heating system. Possibiy a dumb question but the 3-port valve is...
Replies
Views
Need to replace a 20+ year combi boiler (doesn't work), it is in a 65 sq m (2 bedroom 1 bath/shower) flat on a second floor of a Victorian house in central London. The only other appliance that uses gas is a cooker. It is likely that the 15 mm pipe is all the way from the gas meter that is in...
Replies
Views
Hi, new member here, so hello! I recently bought a house that needs heaps of work, so have no money and lots to learn along the way. Ive had a new WB 8000 Life 40kw system boiler installed on my gravity fed system. The house is a long bungalow with roof rooms which had no heating so I asked my...
Replies
Views
I’m in the process of getting quotes from heating engineers to replace an old Ideal Classic LX boiler. My dilemma I have is not so much the difference in prices quoted - I expected that - but the advice being given regards: what to replace it with the need for additional wiring or not My...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all I’ve got a radiator in our conservatory which appears to have been piggybacked off the plumbing from the living room rad on the floor directly above it. It was like this when we moved in, I know it’s not building regs but oh well. The problem is it’s the only one not getting hot since...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell me if its actually a reg or just good practice that a switched socket outlet (as well as a switched spur) MUST be fitted next to boilers in lofts so when service engineer visits there is somewhere to plug in equipment should he need it ? I have always done it but wasnt sure if...
Replies
Views
Hi all, 1st time DIY post! looking for advice, I have a vaillant boiler, with two thermostats, one on the ground floor next to my front door, and another on the 2nd floor landing (three “floors” altogether) I moved in a couple of months back, and while reading the VRT350 thermostat manual I...
Replies
Views
I have a new Firebird Silver Boiler House model oil fired room heat only. I note in the manual all other models in this range have pump over- run connections. But not mine: The circulator pump is wired with the boiler. So when a zone valve opens the boiler and pump both get 240v. Could a...
Replies
Views
I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop (with dividing stud partition wall) currently not covered by the central heating. The former is not currently user friendly in winter, and we get by...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock