Discuss Advice on leaking radiator bleed valve in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I woke up this morning to a damp patch under the radiator bleed valve, it looks like the seal is damaged as the water is coming out from the edges at the bottom. My concern is there seems to be a lot of rust at the which may have made the leak worse. It's mainly just the paint that's flaked off but I wasn't sure if I needed to do more than just the valve being replaced and some PFTE tape, any advice would be appreciated, photo attached
20220312_131150.jpg

Replace the valve, no ptfe, valve comes with rubber o ring which makes the seal.
Have you tried nipping it up?

Reply to Advice on leaking radiator bleed valve in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
I bought the a bleed valve from S****fix about a year ago: s****fix.com/p/radiator-vent-blanking-plug-nickel-2-pack/40972 It worked fine...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am looking to bleed the radiators in my rented flat as winter is now starting to kick in and want things to work as efficiently as...
Replies
Views
Back