Discuss Zoning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo21

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Who,s doing it and in what situations? What exactly are the rules? I from memory read somewhere that retro fit wise it's all to do with what your replacing. As in a boiler replacement doesn't require any upgrades.
Not even the mighty BG fit zones round my way.
Tbh adding in the extra cost would price me out of most jobs, specially when my competition aren't quoting like for like.
Can you get them to sign a waiver or have it as an optional extra?

No it's building regs

Try and zone house to bits. Normally old dears ask that bathroom on 24/7 so just fit zv and rf programmable stat set to constant and 21.
Use old primary pipe work some times for this run.

Over 150m2 new install req zone valve up or down? And trvs and a programmer and a stat oh and a boiler .

I don't know anyone who is doing it on housing association or council houses. But I bet you a pint of absinthe that mike Jackson's zoning!

I haven't zoned a system yet. Too much hassle when you're doing a boiler swap in a small house.

Full install I would consider it depending on the customers view on spending.

zone new build and properties over 150m2, anything else is given as an option if worth trying.

Zoned last 3 sites upstairs and down all new build. Combi boilers, flow/return to a/c then zone valves to heating with bypass across boiler flow/return.
Did one site, 3 storey house, zoned the top floor and 1st and 2nd floors (total 2 zones). The top floor had one rad!!

So that's 75m2 per floor if it's two storey?

We did a close of houses all over a £million, minimum 4 bathrooms in each and all those houses were zoned. Made a manifold up with lots of outlets and took it from there.

So in my opinion you use it in large properties generally.

Who,s doing it and in what situations? What exactly are the rules? I from memory read somewhere that retro fit wise it's all to do with what your replacing. As in a boiler replacement doesn't require any upgrades.
Not even the mighty BG fit zones round my way.
Tbh adding in the extra cost would price me out of most jobs, specially when my competition aren't quoting like for like.
Can you get them to sign a waiver or have it as an optional extra?

when I did energy eff I was told any dwellings with upstairs even terrace need zoning even if under 150m2.but heard they changing it back.called my local planning office who didn't have a clue

Is anyone actually doing it in your average existing three bed?

Not on boiler swaps, if new rads and pipework yes. But as you say loads of idiots under cut u, who have no idea. My favourite is trvs replace need for interlock !

Part P....possibly the most boring day of my entire life...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zoning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock