Search the forum,
  • Thread starter on31ll
  • Start date
  • Replies 143
  • Views 3K

Discuss Your hour is up !!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It said personal differences

I honestly don't understand what "personal differences" have to do with this forum. I'm sorry if I'm speaking out of turn but i find it quite childish and almost bully like tactics. Personal differences should be set aside as adults.

If Colin has stated his case on FB I don't see why the mods can't put their view across. As has been said its in the arms with guys who are always on here and knew Colin.
Dragging this out is causing very bad feelings across the forum.

Well I've heard one uncensored side of it on Facebook, so if you want to read Colins side of things you just need to go on there!

I'm off to bed now. Bad, vibes from this thread. Not nice reading at all really.

Can someone paste what Colin put on facebook? I'm interested to read it and I am sure others will be too.

I cant sort it by loggin off ! When i logg back on the shot still happened ! People i still cant trust ! And covers ups !

Last time dan closed a thread ?
we do care,and dont want to see you or any of the other lads go,we made a very difficult decision to let colin go but things go on out of site that you guys dont get to see,i personally dont want to go into the reasons,being a moderator is sometimes a horrible job,you would be shocked if you could see things through our eyes,really wish you would consider staying ryan,no one wants you to go

I think this is very suspicious, sounds from FB that Colin doesn't really know himself. If you evict someone at least have the decency to tell them why!!!

I have just read through what is clearly a very heated debate.
I don't do facebook so don't know whats been said, even if it was posted up here, I would read it with a heavy dose of salt because it is human nature to put things in a way that favours our viewpoint or side of things.
That of course could be argued to be the case both ways.
As to leaving out of some sort of supposed loyalty, that comes across as a knee jerk reaction that has not been completely thought through.
If anyone doesn't want to be a part of the forum then simply don't log on. The op is then still in control.
So what are we to conclude.

1 - as explained there are issues behind the scenes that mean it was necessary for Colin to go for the benefit of the forum as a whole, or
2 - The rest of the mods and admin team have a personal vendetta for no reason and no one is safe!
Thinking about this logically rather than emotionally would lead to option 1 making more sense.

I might as well throw my two penny-worth in.
For me it is not the disagreement within the management side of this forum that is cause for concern but any attempt to hush it up or sweep it under the carpet, difficult though it would be to manage it, both sides should be heard, we are as someone has already stated, adults. (well most)
I have always understood that the Mod's do a very difficult & demanding job & get little thanks from most on hear but!!! & it's a big BUT, It should also not be forgotten that all the plumbers on here who give up there time & provide answers to questions posted by members & public alike have a vested interest & value to the forum, without us it is no more than a talking & joke shop which would attract no money from sponsors.
If members are barred or even given infractions without explanation, from on-high as it were & then the rest told put up / shut up or you can leave, you may all find a lot less info is available from the likes of us (me).

P.S. I will miss colin, greatly & I don't use or have assess to FB so have no idea what the issues are or have been.

I might as well throw my two penny-worth in.
For me it is not the disagreement within the management side of this forum that is cause for concern but any attempt to hush it up or sweep it under the carpet, difficult though it would be to manage it, both sides should be heard, we are as someone has already stated, adults. (well most)
I have always understood that the Mod's do a very difficult & demanding job & get little thanks from most on hear but!!! & it's a big BUT, It should also not be forgotten that all the plumbers on here who give up there time & provide answers to questions posted by members & public alike have a vested interest & value to the forum, without us it is no more than a talking & joke shop which would attract no money from sponsors.
If members are barred or even given infractions without explanation, from on-high as it were & then the rest told put up / shut up or you can leave, you may all find a lot less info is available from the likes of us (me).

P.S. I will miss colin, greatly & I don't use or have assess to FB so have no idea what the issues are or have been.

Brillianh post.

Like I said, a forum is made by it's members. So I don't think it's right to treat em like mushrooms (keep them in the dark and feed em sh*t).

.... but offline.

Hi Dan,

Maybe you don't understand there are many of us who never would have had the pleasure of Colin's knowledge and wit if we were not online.

Feelings are running high, if anything it displays the respect so many have for Colin and the poor handling of a situation by management.

Posts by mods amounting to leave if you wish and don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out are anything but helpful.

The least I would expect is some form of explanation preferably a joint statement by Colin and management.

Colin has a very high post rate which in my view reflects his loyalty to this forum, maybe he wasn't cut out to be a mod, of course
we don't know what the mods have to deal with, that said I'm sure there was a more dignified way of asking Colin to step down
from that position if necessary.

I and I'm sure others respect the fact that we are guests here, perhaps management might display their respect for the fact that
without contributors like Colin there would be no forum.

I suggest that you learn from this and refrain from "throwing the baby out with the bath water"

I've tried to keep out of this at times heated discussion as i know there are always two sides to every story.
Maybe over the next day or so someone could put forward a statement of this, the forum side of the story. Many here have seen one side but it would be appreciated to see that balanced. I'd like to think there could be a better way to deal with this given some of the strong feelings raised than bury the head in the sand.
Don't just sweep it under and hope it disappears. Much better to face it and explain both sides before resentment builds up.

Can't be arsed reading through all these posts but whatever is going on it's ruining my favourite website. I'll read through when I have time. Consider me neutral for the moment.

Keith

What is this facebook page that has the answers that everyone wants but which also must not be posted on these hallowed pages?
A PM would be appreciated from someone who knows.
I'll certainly miss Colin, I can't fit a flexi these days without thinking about him and I think I'll carry that burden to my retirement...
It would be nice to know why he is no longer in our circle of friends. I do understand that mods/admins have a thankless job, but this time (and with my enforced limited knowledge of what's happened) I disagree with how it's been handled.
As posted in one of the many posts in this thread, we (the non admins) are being treated like plebs, and for anyone who is thinking of posting 'well there's the door', fcuk you, I'm staying as long as I can. This is my second home, and I visit the Plumbers Arms way more than my local down the street...

FFS, I haven't heard so much whiny s**t since I left school.

It's a forum, a group of pixels on a screen. That's it.

And no, it's not a democracy - it's a private forum, that you *chose* to join.

Your life will not change because someone joins or leaves. Your life will not change because some of the people who run this forum fell out for whatever reason. You do not have any right to know what goes on behind the scenes because it's none of your business.

If you don't like it, start your own forum, it's not hard. And if it takes off, you'll very quickly start to realise what's involved in running a successful forum and all the crap you have to deal with and you'll start to wonder why you bother at all because you're working your arse off, for free, for people who think they have some God-given right to your forum and to talk to you like you're a piece of s**t.

Your life will not change because someone joins or leaves. Your life will not change because some of the people who run this forum fell out for whatever reason. You do not have any right to know what goes on behind the scenes because it's none of your business.

If you don't like it, start your own forum, it's not hard. And if it takes off, you'll very quickly start to realise what's involved in running a successful forum and all the crap you have to deal with and you'll start to wonder why you bother at all because you're working your arse off, for free, for people who think they have some God-given right to your forum and to talk to you like you're a piece of s**t.
Well thanks for that Dave, just out of curiosity, if it is just a "group of pixels on a screen" why do you post then ????
I am absolutely clear that I can choose to leave at anytime (or be switched off), as can any one else including Mod's, Admin & the bloke & his wife who set it up, strangely enough most stay & this forum continues & evolves.
You are right it is no democracy but I can & should have a say, If I want a vote I can do so with my feet!!

I apreciate the fact that the mods do a thankless job and have to deal with some right thicko,s. And rightly or wrongly I feel the people I talk to on here as friends in a way. Certainly spend enough time talking to them! With that sometimes comes a feeling of loyalty. This forums great, but being told to put up or shut up isnt right.
I don't come in here and expect to be treated like a minion. And I won't lorded over.

big deal you are now dear mods ,

dont forget where you all started from and been so stuck up is only going to put people off the forum ,
and you well know this forum is nothing without the plumbers who are regular members as for the mods half of you fdont know the difrence betweeen s and y plan but I /we are here for the good time

I think it's a shame that you feel that way about the forum to be honest. I enjoy posting and reading threads. Most of the time it's utter nonsense, normally from me, but there is also a wealth of knowledge on here. Several times the forum has helped me out of the poop on jobs. And when I'm feeling thoroughly fed up with work or life in general people on here have given great advice and listened to my rants.
Although to you the people on here mean very little I'd have to say I don't agree. As sad as it sounds there any many forum members who I would gladly travel accross the country to assist if the need was to arise. There are the odd few who I wouldn't leave the armchair for also!
i think the majority of the time the mods get it right. Don't always agree with everything they do but that's life.

"It's better to jaw jaw than war war", I don't come on the forum that often and it's always a mine of information. That said if the powers that be make a descision such as the one being discussed it can't have been taken lightly given the stature of the individual involved. This is a plumbing forum not MI5, nothing life changing has happened, no life's are under threat and i dont think any civil liberty has been too undermined.Im sure during the fullness of time all parties will move on and this issue will be a distant memory. As sure as eggs are eggs nothing's going to change no matter how much you grouch.

"It's better to jaw jaw than war war", I don't come on the forum that often and it's always a mine of information. That said if the powers that be make a descision such as the one being discussed it can't have been taken lightly given the stature of the individual involved. This is a plumbing forum not MI5, nothing life changing has happened, no life's are under threat and i dont think any civil liberty has been too undermined.Im sure during the fullness of time all parties will move on and this issue will be a distant memory. As sure as eggs are eggs nothing's going to change no matter how much you grouch.

Maybe you are right however I expect that Colin will see a change in his life, I for one hope it's for the better.

Maybe he can look back at all the posts and help he gave to so many and realise the value placed on his time and efforts amounted to zero in the eyes of the management who have benefited greatly from his efforts.

As it happens I do have a financial interest in a forum based in the USA, I don't visit it that often my partner manages it, it is her only source of income and I can assure you she has a very good lifestyle, so much for working your arse off for free!

The key to a cash successful forum is to get others to do the work for free, there are a vast number of ways to cash in on a good post ranging from Google ads to sponsors none of which I see neglected on this forum.

The kick in the (proverbials) delivered to a respected member should be felt by all of the members, I have had it stated to me that this is a community web site where all trade secrets should be revealed even at the potential cost to fellow tradesmen who may never have heard of this web site.

Looks very commercial to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
3,19,23,36,44 - i shall now continue to read your palm.... Ooo theres trouble, yea trouble ahead... :O

Or if you do win and you have to share the jackpot with everyone in the arms coz we all put money on them lol

Lol u all think im really a mistic!! Haha those numbers r mine dave lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your hour is up !!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock