• Thread starter on31ll
  • Start date
  • Replies 143
  • Views 3K

Discuss Your hour is up !!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've heard one uncensored side of it on Facebook, so if you want to read Colins side of things you just need to go on there!

I'm off to bed now. Bad, vibes from this thread. Not nice reading at all really.

Can someone paste what Colin put on facebook? I'm interested to read it and I am sure others will be too.

I cant sort it by loggin off ! When i logg back on the shot still happened ! People i still cant trust ! And covers ups !

Last time dan closed a thread ?
we do care,and dont want to see you or any of the other lads go,we made a very difficult decision to let colin go but things go on out of site that you guys dont get to see,i personally dont want to go into the reasons,being a moderator is sometimes a horrible job,you would be shocked if you could see things through our eyes,really wish you would consider staying ryan,no one wants you to go

I think this is very suspicious, sounds from FB that Colin doesn't really know himself. If you evict someone at least have the decency to tell them why!!!

I have just read through what is clearly a very heated debate.
I don't do facebook so don't know whats been said, even if it was posted up here, I would read it with a heavy dose of salt because it is human nature to put things in a way that favours our viewpoint or side of things.
That of course could be argued to be the case both ways.
As to leaving out of some sort of supposed loyalty, that comes across as a knee jerk reaction that has not been completely thought through.
If anyone doesn't want to be a part of the forum then simply don't log on. The op is then still in control.
So what are we to conclude.

1 - as explained there are issues behind the scenes that mean it was necessary for Colin to go for the benefit of the forum as a whole, or
2 - The rest of the mods and admin team have a personal vendetta for no reason and no one is safe!
Thinking about this logically rather than emotionally would lead to option 1 making more sense.

I might as well throw my two penny-worth in.
For me it is not the disagreement within the management side of this forum that is cause for concern but any attempt to hush it up or sweep it under the carpet, difficult though it would be to manage it, both sides should be heard, we are as someone has already stated, adults. (well most)
I have always understood that the Mod's do a very difficult & demanding job & get little thanks from most on hear but!!! & it's a big BUT, It should also not be forgotten that all the plumbers on here who give up there time & provide answers to questions posted by members & public alike have a vested interest & value to the forum, without us it is no more than a talking & joke shop which would attract no money from sponsors.
If members are barred or even given infractions without explanation, from on-high as it were & then the rest told put up / shut up or you can leave, you may all find a lot less info is available from the likes of us (me).

P.S. I will miss colin, greatly & I don't use or have assess to FB so have no idea what the issues are or have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your hour is up !!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock