Discuss Would you fit additional isolation valves on boiler pipes? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Is there really a necessity to put a valve on the hot water out of the boiler?

The pic is an advert for something.
The lever valves could never be closed when in line like that.
Can be done if the levers are opposite directions and slightly staggered.

BY the way....the pic puts my work to shame...I don't use colour coded clips!!!!

Only if it makes my life easier.
I often fit one on the cold on a boiler swap so that I cant turn the water back on to the house
[automerge]1597694905[/automerge]

[automerge]1597694957[/automerge]
View attachment 45001
Picture from twitter

That photo kind of looks like a job done for likes on twitter. Not keen on the multi coloured pipe clips and the additional valves just seem like more potential points to leak to me.

Even that’s a bit ott for me would be better with drain offs Than valves unless it’s a big system

Reply to Would you fit additional isolation valves on boiler pipes? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended...
Replies
Views
We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot...
Replies
Views
Hi, some advice would be great. I have an Instinct Eco-Mag fitted and it has started to leak from the port that the magnetic tube is removed from...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock