Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 30Si Gas Valve changeover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spreck

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

has as anyone had to do a conversion from the old gas valve on a Worcester Greenstar 30Si to the new one they are supplying now?

it looks like it might be an a*se? Seems it comes ready for 28kw and you need to faff to settle the Co/Co2 ratio change over some lovely plastic connections to enable changeover ((I'm not a lover of plastic parts in boilers although the norm now damn cost reductions! (Not passed on to us!!!))

Ratio I can sort but looking for any tips tricks angles of insertion? Only clean posts I know it's tempting!

Ta

Ok update...
if you have access to the left hand side of the boiler it would be a lot easier to get the valve fixing screws in and out. If not out with the old style condense trap ,short PZ1 required as condense mounting riveted! Bit tight on space to get the new valve connection onto the pushfit so I'd do it first in hindsight easier to make the rubber hose connection and grab clip in after.

if no access on left allow yourself another half hour of swearing at grazed knuckles when pricing!

hope this helps in the future.

spreck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 30Si Gas Valve changeover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I am a retired gas engineer. Corgi and Domestic Electrics + Building Surveyor. I have a Greenstar CDI 35kw that I fitted in my own home 15 years ago, serviced regularly, no issues till now. Suddenly its losing full pressure in approx 2 hours. I have concrete floors with buried copper pipe but...
Replies
Views
Hi, Is anyone able to give me some advice on a potential problem with a Worcester combi we looked at today please. Customer reported hot water on bath only getting luke warm. On first inspection we found the diverter valve passing heat down the central heating flow, so we've cleaned all the...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
My first post, so apologies for any incorrect terminology I had a Bosch Worcester 30CDi Greenstar Classic Regular Boiler installed in 2014. The Boiler is used in a vented S-plan system, with two motorised valves, a manual Bypass Valve, a British Gas (Grundfos) Multi-head pump, Hot Water...
Replies
Views
Mrloaf
M
The boiler has decided to chuck a wobbly today. If any of you kind people know a bit about boilers and heating systems I'd be grateful for a bit of advice. It's a Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 30si (gas combi). It has been working fine up until just before lunch when I turned on the hot tap, the...
Replies
Views
B
I have a Worcester greenstar 24i system boiler install. Since installation 5 years ago the gas hose from the gas valve to the fan has split and failed. I spoke to Worcester and they insist there is no manufacturing fault on this component. Their only idea was there was some other factor or...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock