Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester bosch 24i junior boiler losing signal any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gibson033

We have a 6 year old Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior boiler. Recently the signal between the receiver on the boiler and the roomstat in the living room is ittermittently beign lost, it can go a couple of days working fine, then say on on evening if we increase the temp on the roomstat the signal will be lost and the boiler will go off(the antenna symbol, CH symbol and colon all flash on the boiler indicating lost signal) , the receiver does not need to be reset for the signal to be re-established it does it itself sometimes or sometimes we turn the temp on the roomstat down then back up again and the boiler will fire back up. Does anyone have any ideas why this could be happening? There is no battery warning on the roomstat to say the batteries are low, pressure all ok on boiler too.

neighbours wireless link to printers and broadband can interupt signal, receiver/sender to close to big metal framed mirror or the like

Have you changed the batteries? I know you said the low battery warning is not on but that's the first thing I would do. If you have then has anything changed? Position of furniture etc?
It could be that the transmitter is starting to fail. I've replaced a few on these boilers before.

Have you changed the batteries? I know you said the low battery warning is not on but that's the first thing I would do. If you have then has anything changed? Position of furniture etc?
It could be that the transmitter is starting to fail. I've replaced a few on these boilers before.
Acknowledge with that. Have been on many occasions where no low battery warning has been present and still it has only stopped malfunctioning at a change of batteries.
Other than that you got a good list of HF sources that can upset it already.
I would like to add close mobile phone stations or even better a neighbor that pulls an unshielded wire from the aerial socket to the TV.
This way I got my Central Locking remote control jammed. Thought it was broken but everytime I was at home it would not do a thing otherwise it worked fine.
Pretty much any HF signal that is strong enough can blind your receiver.
Switched power supplies in specific elder models are known too to cause strange effects sometimes on other devices.

As CES the transmitters fail on occasion, but give battery's a go first just in case.

You may have to re-establish the link between the timer and the stat if you take the batteries out, if I remember correctly the sequence is:

Remove batteries from stat and have it within a metre of the boiler
Press set 4 times
Press ok
Press set 4 times
Press +
Insert batteries
It should return to normal with the link established.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester bosch 24i junior boiler losing signal any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oily smell from boiler recently before failed. Great plumber sorted though when opened external baffle at front of sealed flue the internal spring like tube lining outer insulation had all perished. Barn conversion with thick walls (763mm). Worcester Bosch say Flue Kits are obsolete and...
Replies
Views
Hey Folks. I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i Mk4 system boiler that is locked out. The boiler was working correctly, then the gas supply was turned off (to service another appliance) but the boiler was not turned off. I assume that the boiler tried to cycle on and off as requested by the...
Replies
Views
Since moving to our property in Dec 2017, the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 18/25 Heatslave, has had a recurring lockout problem, which 3 OFTEC engineers have not been able to diagnose/ resolve. Typically at night when on manual,with no hot water running and with NO HOT WATER demanded of it. The...
Replies
Views
hi guys got phone call yesterday to go and look at a boiler fault, on arriving was informed that another company had been there three times in the last month. Was told that the first visit they checked all the electrical connections ie fan, air pressure switch and gas valve , the fellow said the...
Replies
Views
I'm having trouble rectifying an issue with a Worcester greenstar 24i junior. I have changed the expansion vessel like for like as the old one had ruptured. The tube to the expansion vessel is clear. However, occasionally the pressure shoots up to 4 bar and discharges through the prv when hot...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock