Discuss Boiler shooting up to 4bar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Rhys23

Gas Engineer
I'm having trouble rectifying an issue with a Worcester greenstar 24i junior. I have changed the expansion vessel like for like as the old one had ruptured. The tube to the expansion vessel is clear.

However, occasionally the pressure shoots up to 4 bar and discharges through the prv when hot water is running. Sometimes it doesn't discharge and goes back down to 1.25 bar (normal pressure). Most of the time it doesn't rise at all when hot water is running. The customer doesn't use the heating.

The filling loop isn't passing and have checked pressure is correct in new vessel. There are only 7 rads on the system.

Does anyone have any idea what else I can try?

Reply to Boiler shooting up to 4bar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock