Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Boiler not Firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jaymis

Hi,

I have a 3 year old Worcester Greenstar 24ri condensing boiler.

The fuse blew a couple of times and later found out there was a water leak from magnaclean.

Our magnaclean sits under the boiler cupboard with Honeywell controllers under it.

We have today replaced rubber ring in magnaclean causing leak but now the boiler won't fire up.

Unfortunately the way the magnaclean is position directly under boiler cupboard it's difficult to
remove the air from top of magnaclean.

The temperature stat keeps saying low battery but the its fine.

The boiler was working until magnaclean was cleaned.

The hot water and heating not working. The boiler fires up for 2mins and dies.

I am hoping its something simple but not sure what else to check.

Any ideas ?

Have you opened the isolation valves back up? If not sounds like air in Magneclean or somewhere else in the system.

Have you opened the isolation valves back up? If not sounds like air in Magneclean or somewhere else in the system.

Yes the isolation valves were opened back up after cleaning Magnaclean.

I can't get to the top of the magnaclean to remove air as it is located under a boiler cupboard.

Is there any other way to remove air ?

These stupid autocorrect or suggestion things on tablets and phones making me mad! :(
Unvented*

Bleed the pump. Have you got invented cylinder?

I can't seem to remove screw at front of pump its very stiff don't want to damage head.

Also I am not sure how much water if any went into Honeywell controllers there was hard water residue

on surface as they were boxed in. But I had them covered with bin liner when cleaning magnaclean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Boiler not Firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock