Search the forum,
  • Thread starter on31ll
  • Start date
  • Replies 462
  • Views 5K

Discuss Woolwich killing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hang the *******s by the neck,tough message got across take a life.pay with yours

No excuse for not allowing the death penalty (testicles in boiling water followed by being driven over with a steam roller from the feet up at approx 0.5mph) for this type of crime. There is no possibility of them having the wrong person for the crime.

The more we let these type of crimes continue, and allow idiots to stay in the country and avoid deportation because of eu human rights loop holes etc, the more we will become a racist society. In the end it will lead to civil war.

I hope this doesn't blow up, i have friends who are Muslim and also friends from other religions .
I feel sorry the minority brand the majority.

Personally i think there should be the death penalty and harsher sentances.

My friend was killed by a woman texting on her phone in a 4x4 as he crossed a zebra.
she got 7 years and has just been released after 3!
where is the justice in that ?

rapists and killers usually serve half their time now and are back on the street.

I admit this country is very very well cared for but people smile in court now when they get 7 years, they know they will be out in 3.
They wouldent be smiling when that hammer hits and off to death row now would they.

I feel for that poor soldier so much, i think he would have died happy fighting for his country in afgan.
Not run down in his countrys capital and hacked up to make a statement.

No i wouldnt want to live in a country without freedom but we are not free ! As saod we are restricted by others coming into this country ! Just seen a video from that girl that makes documentries and shes gone back to luton and all the muslims walking the streeta protesting shouting police go to hell !

If you disrespect a soldier a policeman or anyone with power ypu should be punished ! If you spat at a soldier in northern ireland back in the day theyd smash your head in !

Im all for english jobs for english people ! And if you come to the country ypu may have your own belief but you cant take over ! You cant change everyone else pr the country ! There are rules !

Why did it take the police take so long to get there, bet they were too busy stopping motorists to worry about some poor soldier dyeing in the street.

Reading these comments I realise just how liberal I am. Theses events where shocking but let's not confuse 2 nut jobs with 60 million odd Muslims. I like to think we live in a free(ish) country where anybody can air there views regardless of who it offends! Imagine loving in North Korea for example!

I have a wide range of friends Muslim black chinesse gay I'd hate it if they had to suffer for prejudice brought on by two people terrible actions.

Hitler lost the war the facists where defeated lads lets keep it that way.

The death penalty should NOT come back. No human being has the power to decide who lives and dies. What should happen is that life sentences should be just that, LIFE, they should die in prison. The Government need to pull their fingers out of their arses and start deporting these radical preachers and seriously tighten up on immigration. They should take note of Australia and only let those in who have something to offer the country!

I feel sorry for the Muslim population in this country, they are a peaceful race and these extremists are just hiding behind it. I'm growing increasingly fed up with this country and I'm seriously thinking about leaving.

Hitler started a war, lets not confuse that with patriotism or sticking up for your own human rights. Multi culture society's are flawed by religious extremism at the moment on both sides of the fence. We are typically territorial beings like everything else on the planet, so why attempt to push for something that is so un-natural.

It's simple, if we can live together peacefully then fine. I we can't then split up or there will be blood spilt. That applies for every country in the world but NOT excluding our own,we seem to be the only one forced to bite own tongue and get on with it.
We are talking in some instances about people coming from mud huts and murder being a way of life for survival, to being expected to live in a massive city and do as your told, its not going to happen, and I'm not being racist, its fact.

i'm sick and tired about hearing how someone who's originates from half way around the world is not being allowed to express the human rights or opinions when it has a direct adverse effect on everyone else's quality of life. National health service is a prime example, pushed to the max because of an increased head count ( amongst other things )

and before anyone accuses me of being a racist, zip it. I don't hate the race, I hate the criminal activity you bring to this country. Keep your head down and pay your way and I've no problem whatsoever.

For what it's worth, guys, the vast majority of Muslims are shocked, horrified and heartbroken at the rise of Islamic extremism. I'm not a practising Muslim, haven't been for a very long time, but my whole family and community are still pretty devout.

Let's be absolutely clear about one thing. These animals are NOT Muslim. Nothing in the Qur'an, or the teachings of the Prophet encourage or condone the targeting of innocents, nor this form of vile behaviour.

But let's also be clear - extreme violence is not restricted to those who carry it out in the name of Islam. Japanese POW camps, Nazi concentration camps, kneecappings in Ireland, "Bolivian neckties", "Soweto necklaces", "special interrogation" in Guantanamo... the list is long and pretty f*&%ing horrendous.

My point is, no matter how angry this makes you, no matter how ghastly the actions of these animals, please don't let them win. As soon as people start feeling hatred towards a whole section of the population, they have won. They have got inside your head and planted the seeds of hatred and conflict. And that is what they want. Let's condemn the perpetrators, not whole sections of the community, who are as much the victims of this as you are. There will be repercussions, and a backlash. And those who will suffer those consequences will not be the cowardly *******s who crawl out of their sewer to do this kind of thing, but the innocents who get wrongly tarred with the same brush...

Peace..
Masood

For what it's worth, guys, the vast majority of Muslims are shocked, horrified and heartbroken at the rise of Islamic extremism. I'm not a practising Muslim, haven't been for a very long time, but my whole family and community are still pretty devout.

Let's be absolutely clear about one thing. These animals are NOT Muslim. Nothing in the Qur'an, or the teachings of the Prophet encourage or condone the targeting of innocents, nor this form of vile behaviour.

But let's also be clear - extreme violence is not restricted to those who carry it out in the name of Islam. Japanese POW camps, Nazi concentration camps, kneecappings in Ireland, "Bolivian neckties", "Soweto necklaces", "special interrogation" in Guantanamo... the list is long and pretty f*&%ing horrendous.

My point is, no matter how angry this makes you, no matter how ghastly the actions of these animals, please don't let them win. As soon as people start feeling hatred towards a whole section of the population, they have won. They have got inside your head and planted the seeds of hatred and conflict. And that is what they want. Let's condemn the perpetrators, not whole sections of the community, who are as much the victims of this as you are. There will be repercussions, and a backlash. And those who will suffer those consequences will not be the cowardly *******s who crawl out of their sewer to do this kind of thing, but the innocents who get wrongly tarred with the same brush...

Peace..
Masood

I agree with you 100%, as angry as I am a knee jerk reaction is not the right thing.

Why did it take the police take so long to get there, bet they were too busy stopping motorists to worry about some poor soldier dyeing in the street.

Unfortunately, not every police officer is armed therefore they need to wait for an armed response team which can be traveling quite some distance, sad but true.

The death penalty should NOT come back. No human being has the power to decide who lives and dies. What should happen is that life sentences should be just that, LIFE, they should die in prison.

if you use that philosophy then what gives one human the right to imprison another for their entire life? The decision is made by the culprit as soon as they decide to carry out an act such as this, theyve only got themselves to blame. Your only entitled the same rights of the victim, an eye for an eye and all that.

I agree masood , but bar a few uneducated or racist extremists ( as said before on both sides of the fence) most people will too.

I'd feel the same if it were a Brit murdering another human from different ethnic origin. In fact in this instance it would seem like the perpertrator had lived in the uk for some time (long enough to pick up the local accent) so I'm not assuming this man has come into the uk to practice this crime.

The point I was making above was that we are openly letting criminals through the borders with little power to stop them.

Youve got to want to kill first, then use a religious belief to excuse from the act.

I'm disgusted with what my friends are posting to facebook, the photos and banners they are sharing.

I feel ashamed of my age group looking at it.

The animals responsible for this will end up in prison for many years, each costing the tax-payer around £40k per year. To me, with DNA forensics being able to 100% accurately prove someone was at the scene of a crime and/or holding the murder weapon etc there's no realistic argument against the death penalty imo.

This country is far far too soft.

LOL I could never be prime minister, I am not political enough to appeal to the masses!

If I was loaded I would start the common sense party though.

Just set up a Facebook page to see how far my idea goes. https://www.************/pages/Bring-Back-The-Death-Penalty/196062600543264?ref=ts&fref=ts . If, like me, you believe the UK should bring back the death penalty for murder then please like the page and mention it to friends and family. If it does go viral then maybe we can petition government to bring it back :)

I'm just so glad there aren't any white christians going around killing people for religious reasons, political reasons or just for fun...

an eye for an eye and all that.

I believe those are the exact words one of the two nutjobs in Woolwich used, too.

bring back the death penalty

[h=2]hy·poc·ri·sy[/h] [hi-pok-ruh-see] Show IPA
noun, plural hy·poc·ri·sies. 1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.

2. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

3. an act or instance of hypocrisy.

Origin:
1175–1225; Middle English ipocrisie < Old French < Late Latin hypocrisis < Greek hypókrisis play acting, equivalent to hypokrī́ ( nesthai ) to play a part, explain ( hypo- hypo- + krī́nein to distinguish, separate) + -sis -sis; h- (reintroduced in 16th century)

LOL so you think we should pay £40k a year to keep people in prison who kill in cold blood like this??

if you use that philosophy then what gives one human the right to imprison another for their entire life? The decision is made by the culprit as soon as they decide to carry out an act such as this, theyve only got themselves to blame. Your only entitled the same rights of the victim, an eye for an eye and all that.
Because imprisoning someone as a punishment and to protect innocent people from a dangerous person is on a whole different scale to killing someone. What gives one human being the right to kill another? Not to mention people being falsely accused of crimes, you can release someone from prison, but you can't un-kill someone. You do know the end of that saying? An eye for an eye and soon the world will be blind.

I'm quite happy for my tax to be spent keeping dangerous criminal behind bars.

You may want to have a read of this, seems it costs a considerable amount of money to kill someone too.

I'm with you on this one Ricky.

I'm not squeamish, and if the armed police had shot these people dead, I wouldn't have turned a hair, and I don't give a monkeys if a householder kills a burglar they discover in their house.

But there is a difference between police (or an armed householder) killing in self defence or defence of others, and the state coldly and calculatingly killing someone, even lowlife scum like this.

I like to think that I am better than these people, my friends and neighbours are better than them, and the society I live in is better than them. If the price of proving that is that we spend money keeping them alive in jail, then thats a price I am prepared to pay.

I also remember several cases where supposed criminals were found guilty "beyond reasonable doubt" of what would be capital crimes, and subsequently turned out to be innocent. As you correctly point out, you can release someone from prison, but you can't un-execute them.

Because imprisoning someone as a punishment and to protect innocent people from a dangerous person is on a whole different scale to killing someone. What gives one human being the right to kill another? Not to mention people being falsely accused of crimes, you can release someone from prison, but you can't un-kill someone. You do know the end of that saying? An eye for an eye and soon the world will be blind.

You may want to have a read of this, seems it costs a considerable amount of money to kill someone too.

The fact that this human in question took someone else's life, in this case undeniably. He now has no rights, under the same principle as locking him up and throwing away the key. Unfortunately the police didn't do a goo job at shooting him (they always intend to shoot to kill according to the chap on the radio this afternoon)

I'm not saying kill every criminal that goes through our courts, but there are exceptional cases like this where the evidence cannot be argued. Sorry but you sound like one of all to many do gooders who are putting this country to shame with fictional equality. If only everyone played by the same rules it might work, but whilst there re nut jobs like this walking the streets, human rights go out the window.

DNA evidence is undisputable, sorry. There would need to be the same trial to put someone in prison for murder as there would to hang them or whatever for murder. I don't quite understand the logic where someone who has no job and prospects can kill someone and end up in prison with a better life (in many cases) than the soldier that was killed will have.

When DNA evidence is 100% accurate why would you want to un-kill a murderer, am I missing the point?

I'm with you on this one Ricky.

I'm not squeamish, and if the armed police had shot these people dead, I wouldn't have turned a hair, and I don't give a monkeys if a householder kills a burglar they discover in their house.

But there is a difference between police (or an armed householder) killing in self defence or defence of others, and the state coldly and calculatingly killing someone, even lowlife scum like this.

I like to think that I am better than these people, my friends and neighbours are better than them, and the society I live in is better than them. If the price of proving that is that we spend money keeping them alive in jail, then thats a price I am prepared to pay.

I also remember several cases where supposed criminals were found guilty "beyond reasonable doubt" of what would be capital crimes, and subsequently turned out to be innocent. As you correctly point out, you can release someone from prison, but you can't un-execute them.

Hey Ray. Whilst I agree with you that there were people wrongly convincted prior to DNA forensic science being used in criminal cases, has there been a wrong conviction since that? I genuinly don't know so it's more of an ask than an argument!

Hey Ray. Whilst I agree with you that there were people wrongly convincted prior to DNA forensic science being used in criminal cases, has there been a wrong conviction since that? I genuinly don't know so it's more of an ask than an argument!

Hi Kieran

A quick google search of "is DNA evidence reliable" gives a lot of hits with various responses. Unfortunately, its hard to tell who has an axe to grind, and who doesn't. And even if is 100% (doubtful) then in most cases what the DNA evidence is proving is that an individual came into contact with the victim, or was present at the scene of the crime. Thats pretty strong evidence, but not the same as proving exactly what happened.

My objection to the death penalty is not solely about the possibility of miscarriages of justice, important though that is.

Its a moral point. Whilst I absolutely understand the desire for retribution, and if the victim was a friend or family member I am sure that I would feel it very strongly, I genuinely believe that we have to PROVE that our society is better than some of the scum that exist in it.

All well and good liberal speil,could you front the young lads family and tell them that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Woolwich killing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock