Discuss wireless roomstat on potterton performa 28i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

porch

Thought I would be a kind dad and install a wireless programmable roomstat
for my daughter. I have a drayton digistat rf2 and a potterton performa 28i
can anybody tell me how to wire it in, thought i'd done a perfect job but boiler not coming on
thanks porch

remove link on performa terminal strip term 1 240 out term 2 switched live,if it wont work swap t1 with t2[swap both around ]and check roomstat connections

thanks, have tried that with no joy, also tried putting link between 1 and 2 in the scr to see if that worked but no luck

Thanks Mark
yes, and it did all that it should according to the instructions. Am i meant to set the controls on the boiler to anything special ? This is going to be something really stupid
porch

no controls on boiler should be ok on full if stat fitted,you may have a faulty stat put the loop back in to get ch working,have you tried manual over ride on reciver? does ch run?if it does not more than likely mis placed wire

yes, have put loop back so that she has heating tonight, no haven't tried any buttons on the receiver, did notice that one was overide but it said something about learn mode so left it alone. Will go back tomorrow and have another go before i throw it out the window!!!!!! thanks very much for your assistance nice to know someone wants to help

if it works on over ride rf problem or stat faulty,if not check wiring,no probs with the advice thats why this site is here ther are loads on here like me

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it you have wired a permanent L & N to the receiver and then a Live from boiler terminal 1 to terminal 1 of receiver and the Switched live between terminal 2 of boiler to terminal 3 on the receiver (terminals 1 & 2 on the boiler is often fitted with a link, remove the link). If you have a internal time switch on the boiler you will need to put it on constant (24 hours) as you are using a programmable room thermostat. The Drayton Digistats can be a problem, try this: remove batteries (4) from room stat, wait until the display fades completely, fit the batteries and then close the right hand battery carrier first followed by the left hand side, if you do this wrong the unit will not work. Hope this helps,
Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Martin, It was the existing programmer on the boiler causing the problem. Have put it on constant and all is working fine.
Thanks to everyone for their help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wireless roomstat on potterton performa 28i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock