Discuss Williams & Co Eastbourne branch - born 25th Jan 2013 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

We are pleased to announce the birth of our new Eastbourne branch, weighing in at just under 4000 sq ft.

Signed the lease on 10 Alder close, Eastbourne today, the mezzanine contractors start on Monday for a week - then about 5 weeks to fit out means that we should be open about mid-march. Eastbourne will be our 25th branch.

Hastings was conceived a couple of weeks ago, so we are still in the morning sickness stage, but the lawyers will hopefully do their thing so that the fit out crew can go straight from Eastbourne on to Hastings, and get that one open by May.

The Eastbourne branch is pretty much staffed already, but if anyone knows of good merchant staff in the Hastings area, who might be looking for a new employer, please point them in our direction. We aren't looking for rocket scientists or pushy salesmen, just a good knowledge of plumbing gear and a real track record of excellent customer service.

The photo below is the Eastbourne building as it looks now. I may add some photos of the fit out as it progresses. Eastbourne based plumbers are welcome to nose in from Monday week - have a chat with John, Steve, Neil and the other lads doing the fit out, pick up a pricelist and an account application form.

Eastbourne.jpg

Well done Ray. Sounds like good times for you guys, keep up the hard work.

MickW started with a corner shop in Portsmouth in 1972. It took until 1986 to open the 2nd one in Fareham - thats when I joined. No 3 was Petersfield in 1991 - I opened that one, and was branch manager there, so I still have a soft spot for it. We got to 5 by about 1993, and then stalled - we went nearly 10 years trying to work out how to beat the nationals. No 6 was 2002, and then its really snowballed since then.

The key to it was 2 decisions - to go "trade only" and to have a single price policy - every tradesman pays the same price. That frees the staff from time-wasters and arguments about price, and lets them concentrate on customer service.

MickW started with a corner shop in Portsmouth in 1972. It took until 1986 to open the 2nd one in Fareham - thats when I joined. No 3 was Petersfield in 1991 - I opened that one, and was branch manager there, so I still have a soft spot for it. We got to 5 by about 1993, and then stalled - we went nearly 10 years trying to work out how to beat the nationals. No 6 was 2002, and then its really snowballed since then.

The key to it was 2 decisions - to go "trade only" and to have a single price policy - every tradesman pays the same price. That frees the staff from time-wasters and arguments about price, and lets them concentrate on customer service.

25 stores!!!! I thought the OP said 5th store :)

your blatantly a millionaire then mr stafford, I don't feel as cheeky now for asking you for those rad vents :)

25 stores!!!! I thought the OP said 5th store :)

your blatantly a millionaire then mr stafford, I don't feel as cheeky now for asking you for those rad vents :)

I wish! Unless that lottery ticket comes up tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Williams & Co Eastbourne branch - born 25th Jan 2013 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock