Search the forum,

Discuss what's this valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hiya,

Does anyone know what this valve is? I know it's partly an isolation valve, but am a bit puzzled by the slanted hexagonal part. I saw it under a basin. Is it maybe a combined pressure reducer?

Thanks,

Jennie

iso valve.jpg

Oh yeah.

When might you fit one? This one was in a public toilet.

Thanks again,

Jennie

This reminds me of where vinny jones points out it says REPLICA on the side of your gun soft lad lol

This reminds me of where vinny jones points out it says REPLICA on the side of your gun soft lad lol

and his says desert eagle, classic. :)

Never seen a combined iso with inline strainer like that. But then I lead a sheltered life.

When might you fit one?

When the MIs specify. Generally before something that would be damaged by grit or scale flakes getting through. Water softeners, TMVs etc etc normally have them spec'd.

One of the items on the "low flow rate complaint" checklist (along with prostate disease) is filters like this which have become clogged, doing their job, and need a clean.

not a good idea taking pics in public toilets. lol

all the houses in our local la housing have these fitted before showers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what's this valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The isolation valve connected directly to our toilet fill valve has started to leak (I assume the washer has deteriorated). I'd like to get a...
Replies
Views
We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock