Search the forum,

Discuss What would you class this as? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys, just went to do a LLC only to find this that no one has pulled

what do you reckon. Flue above garage door on the right in the corner

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by a moderator:
not 300mm from a opening simple ,are pocs re entering? ID if they are

Have you done a CO room test? If that passes then it's only NTCS, if its over 10ppm over 15 minutes then its ID.

i think there are too many variables in that situation with a huge garage door as the opening. You could get 0 ppm or 10+ ppm depending on the wind direction etc.

if the CO room test passed, I'd AR that boiler just to cover my back side

I was going to AR it anyway as the horizontal flue was unsupported. I ID it cos just like you said, too many variables.

I can't believe we have to do a room co test to see if we're allowed to leave it on. It all depends on the wind and other weather factors. Could be fine one day, could be dangerous the next.

I got told a story once by a corgi inspector. Went to investigate a death. Woman had complained for weeks she was getting symptoms of co poisioning. 4 GSR went out to flat, no one found anything, lady died. It was the banks boiler across the road that killed her. It hadn't been survived properly and the wind blew poc through a window she left open most of the day. Just shows how far it can go and still kill

Cos I said it was.

On a serious note, I'm not having a death on my conscience. If I AR it, they will just turn it back on.

Cos I said it was.

On a serious note, I'm not having a death on my conscience. If I AR it, they will just turn it back on.

Id be happy slapping an AR notice on it and walking away.

I fully understand you wanting to cover your backside, but if you never did a CO room test then you can't ID it.

If you AR it and they use it, then it's their choice and not on your head.

Im not saying you are, but you run the risk of people thinking you're a cowboy and just touting for extra work if you ID something that may not be.

Plus if you do it to the wrong (or the right depending which side you look from) person you may leave yourself open to a claim for unnecessary over classification (it has happened). Such is the pass the buck world we live in.

That co room test is a joke. The gaps around the garage doors are huge. With the right wind, poc will enter the room. Do I really have to wait till the winds in the right direction for me to prove my point.

if it had been double glazing, I would have AR'ed it

We know that but follow the rules and classify it to suit. You can only pysh with what you have. Btw my boiler flue is fitted well in line with clearances and is 4 or 5 m away (on another wall) at 90 deg to my back door. The prevailing west wind was blowing the poc's right in the door when it was open (probably the same as it was before it was a steamer but now i could see it). I altrered it anyway as it annoyed me even though the poc's would have been diluted.

Cos I said it was.

I get that you are being cautious, but too many people are basically re-writing the rules/regs as they go.
The regs are there to protect the customer and us.
Follow them, use your training/experience and give the best advice you can. If the customer does not head your advice then that is their problem.
Remember. To ID something it MUST be dangerous at that particular moment. ie. gas leak, POC's entering room.
If it MAY be a danger then it is only ever going to be AR at most.

As already said, If CO test was to show re-entering POC'S, then ID, as it stands with no test, AR

They are more likely to die from falling over something on the garage floor.

My unsafe situations book says ID and RIDDOR ( if levels are above 10ppm ), if levels aren't confirmed, just tell customer that if problem persists they need to turn off, ventilate and contact ESP....so not even telling you to AR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What would you class this as? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock