Discuss What would you class this as? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know that but follow the rules and classify it to suit. You can only pysh with what you have. Btw my boiler flue is fitted well in line with clearances and is 4 or 5 m away (on another wall) at 90 deg to my back door. The prevailing west wind was blowing the poc's right in the door when it was open (probably the same as it was before it was a steamer but now i could see it). I altrered it anyway as it annoyed me even though the poc's would have been diluted.

Cos I said it was.

On a serious note, I'm not having a death on my conscience. If I AR it, they will just turn it back on.
I get that you are being cautious, but too many people are basically re-writing the rules/regs as they go.
The regs are there to protect the customer and us.
Follow them, use your training/experience and give the best advice you can. If the customer does not head your advice then that is their problem.
Remember. To ID something it MUST be dangerous at that particular moment. ie. gas leak, POC's entering room.
If it MAY be a danger then it is only ever going to be AR at most.

As already said, If CO test was to show re-entering POC'S, then ID, as it stands with no test, AR

They are more likely to die from falling over something on the garage floor.

My unsafe situations book says ID and RIDDOR ( if levels are above 10ppm ), if levels aren't confirmed, just tell customer that if problem persists they need to turn off, ventilate and contact ESP....so not even telling you to AR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What would you class this as? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock