Discuss What would you class this as? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys, just went to do a LLC only to find this that no one has pulled

what do you reckon. Flue above garage door on the right in the corner

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by a moderator:
not 300mm from a opening simple ,are pocs re entering? ID if they are

Have you done a CO room test? If that passes then it's only NTCS, if its over 10ppm over 15 minutes then its ID.

i think there are too many variables in that situation with a huge garage door as the opening. You could get 0 ppm or 10+ ppm depending on the wind direction etc.

if the CO room test passed, I'd AR that boiler just to cover my back side

I was going to AR it anyway as the horizontal flue was unsupported. I ID it cos just like you said, too many variables.

I can't believe we have to do a room co test to see if we're allowed to leave it on. It all depends on the wind and other weather factors. Could be fine one day, could be dangerous the next.

I got told a story once by a corgi inspector. Went to investigate a death. Woman had complained for weeks she was getting symptoms of co poisioning. 4 GSR went out to flat, no one found anything, lady died. It was the banks boiler across the road that killed her. It hadn't been survived properly and the wind blew poc through a window she left open most of the day. Just shows how far it can go and still kill

Cos I said it was.

On a serious note, I'm not having a death on my conscience. If I AR it, they will just turn it back on.

Cos I said it was.

On a serious note, I'm not having a death on my conscience. If I AR it, they will just turn it back on.

Id be happy slapping an AR notice on it and walking away.

I fully understand you wanting to cover your backside, but if you never did a CO room test then you can't ID it.

If you AR it and they use it, then it's their choice and not on your head.

Im not saying you are, but you run the risk of people thinking you're a cowboy and just touting for extra work if you ID something that may not be.

Plus if you do it to the wrong (or the right depending which side you look from) person you may leave yourself open to a claim for unnecessary over classification (it has happened). Such is the pass the buck world we live in.

That co room test is a joke. The gaps around the garage doors are huge. With the right wind, poc will enter the room. Do I really have to wait till the winds in the right direction for me to prove my point.

if it had been double glazing, I would have AR'ed it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What would you class this as? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock