Discuss what kind of pipe is this - water leak in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
hope you are all well .

Is the pipe in the photos lead or steel ?

I suspect its leaking further down (water) as there is a puddle and I could hear running water until i turn the water off in the street

thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20221207_181715833.jpg
    IMG_20221207_181715833.jpg
    781.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20221207_181722140.jpg
    IMG_20221207_181722140.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 27
Steel that might be a gas pipe so be careful digging down

If this is in the UK, I'm fairly sure it's not a water supply pipe but not because of its material. It's is not buried deep enough with respect to the surrounding ground level and would freeze during the winter.

Like @ShaunCorbs, I'd err on the side of caution and assume it's gas until further investigation proves otherwise.

Reply to what kind of pipe is this - water leak in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower...
Replies
Views
Heĺlo I have a water leak under bathroom floor tiles. It is on the hot water feed to the tap. I noticed the tiles leading to sink warm last few...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock