Discuss What is the best pipe slice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I couldn't see another version od this topic.
In order not to buy every pipe slice make out there. ...
Does anyone have a preference?
I find even good old rothenburgers fail just a frequent as the cheaper makes. I jave tried wd40 and ot just makes it so it takes 1000 turns before it cuts.

Any advice?

Thanx

In order not to buy every pipe slice make out there. .
I find even good old rothenburgers fail just a frequent as the cheaper makes. I jave tried wd40 and ot just makes it so it takes 1000 turns before it cuts.

Any advice?

Thanx[/QUOTE

Kopex was always a favourite, I have had them, but don’t seem to last as long. Rothenbergers ar usually good as are monument. Only tried one cheap one (city plumbing) and didn’t last long.

Kopex was always a favourite, I have had them, but don’t seem to last as long. Rothenbergers are usually good as are monument. Only tried one cheap one (city plumbing) and didn’t last long.

I've always used kopex but got my eye on the nerrard ratchet pipe cutter that does all the sizes and has a handle on the end. As even as someone who hasn't reached thirty years old yet I can suffer with hand pain after a days worth of pipework nowadays

Any advice?

Thanx

FWIW, my experience is to buy spares wheels for whatever make you buy. I used to use Kopex & Monument.
I also found that as soon as it starts to wander, strip it right down, clean it properly and apply just a film (DO NOT BLATHER) of silicone grease to where the cutter slides and also to the ends of the rollers.
In my experience that takes it back to new.
#YorkshireSkinflint ;)

Any advice?

Thanx[/QUOT

Nerrad pipe slice for me all day long. A little pricey but top notch cutters.

Not a fan of Kopex myself, had a rothenberger for a couple years with new wheel every now and then. Currently using Arctic Haynes pipeslices which are a nice blue colour which helps find them when misplaced, they’ve so far last a long time and also happen to be the cheapest in my local merchants! ;)

Reply to What is the best pipe slice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock