Search the forum,

Discuss What have you done today? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can eat curry all day as well washed down with a cornettos

got a call to a faulty 3 year old Alpha combi on LPG, 3 other techies had failed/run away from it, no hot water keeps flaming out, so far new thermistors and general lack of repair. Hello folks, has anyone done a working pressure test, lpg pressure on heating running at 12mb!!! clue is LPG, new bottle valve assembly and all fixed. One wonders if people out there just think logically nowadays!!! Not trying to polish my halo but FFS!!!

Had the same yesterday, gas fire was condemned ( by the manufacture ) as gas pressure to low when boiler and aga where on. Check gas meter it's running at 17mbar !!

Finished early, took a couple of floor standers down to scrappie along with a couple of fibreglass cwsc full of cyl lagging
Boilers were worth £5.40 and tanks cost me £2.86 to dump, I keep a running tab with them rather than having cheques and end up dumping the stuff I can't burn, for free
Soon I shall be off to pick up the hire minibus then Morrisons to get some food/goodies for our Weymouth fishing trio tomorrow
Leave at 4 am in morn, fish from 8 am til around 4 pm, then back to our digs (Sailors Return) for a quick shower, then lots of beer and frivolity
The drive back home Sunday morning is less exciting

Finished early, took a couple of floor standers down to scrappie along with a couple of fibreglass cwsc full of cyl lagging
Boilers were worth £5.40 and tanks cost me £2.86 to dump, I keep a running tab with them rather than having cheques and end up dumping the stuff I can't burn, for free
Soon I shall be off to pick up the hire minibus then Morrisons to get some food/goodies for our Weymouth fishing trio tomorrow
Leave at 4 am in morn, fish from 8 am til around 4 pm, then back to our digs (Sailors Return) for a quick shower, then lots of beer and frivolity
The drive back home Sunday morning is less exciting

Have fun swampy! Can I request pics all all fish caught please?!

new smart meters fitted--drop test failed enter me dig up solid concrete floor give up on that start complete re pipe lift vinyl floor and ply-wood drill thru rock hard oak joists do under floor work and breath go home in agony just the cooker and gas fire to re connect

had a nervous breakdown,a near head on smash,a throttled apprentice and a women who nearly got told to fk off ,seriously feel stressed now and wondering where it all went wrong and i became a gas engineer

new smart meters fitted--drop test failed enter me dig up solid concrete floor give up on that start complete re pipe lift vinyl floor and ply-wood drill thru rock hard oak joists do under floor work and breath go home in agony just the cooker and gas fire to re connect

We need a "thank feck that isn't me" button

Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.

Actually did have a funny one today. All new innards in a bog. Went out to external stopcock and remember thinking "I know I always turn it on a crack and jog in the check all is ok but every now and then f it, play the odds."

Whacked it on full and got as far as the front door when I heard massive water activity inside. Ran back out and turned off. Went in and found I'd left the stem of the fluidmaster inlet installed but not popped the top half on. Cistern lid off. Mains pressure very good. The whole bathroom got a proper shower.

Thing is the owner is virtually deaf. She didn't hear a thing so I trotted back in with a blue roll under my arm and 15 mins later, you'd never know. Except that she might wonder why I threw in a total bathroom clean in for the price. I'm just that nice.

Jobs at home.

SAM_0084.jpg

SAM_0082.jpg

SAM_0083.jpg

Last edited:

Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.

So what you up to then?

Fitted a 25ltr expansion vessel on a 300ltr unvented cylinder this morning. As it was totally filled with water and upstairs shower barely getting warm and low pressure.
Apart from nearly dropping it on my foot that's me for a Saturday and off for the weekend with hope till Monday. Fingers and toes crossed

Got a call from one of my old customers.
He built a block of apartments and his newly wed daughter was living in the top floor apartment.

Wall hung basin had fallen off the wall?

Assuming we had done something wrong - expecting the worst.

Met him and his wife there and looked at the problem.

I pointed out the fixing bolts were still in the wall.

He said " Replace the basin and send me the bill"
Patted me on the back and said " we were all newly weds once"

He had a wry smirk on his face and his wife was as red as a beetroot.

OMG!
That would't be allowed in UK, we have such tight asre health and safety laws we (in the heat of the moment) have to do a risk assessment and calculate on paper if fixtures and fittings will hold the weight of your new wife and only then requires the attendance of a fully trained yellow vested official with a clipboard, signs and barriers to oversee the act.

OMG!
That would't be allowed in UK, we have such tight asre health and safety laws we (in the heat of the moment) have to do a risk assessment and calculate on paper if fixtures and fittings will hold the weight of your new wife and only then requires the attendance of a fully trained yellow vested official with a clipboard, signs and barriers to oversee the act.

I knew there was a reason I wanted to join the HSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What have you done today? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock