Discuss Website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi All

I've just got a website up together, let me know what you think (good or bad). Already had cold calls from 2 companies and remembered what people on here have said, so thanks for that advice. If anyone has any advice for me on advertising that would be great as only really just starting advertising to a wider audience.
Thanks

Simon Helps - reliable and friendly plumber serving Bath and North West Wiltshire

Looks fine to me Simon, if I had to make a comment it would be that I don`t like the Grey on Grey in the bottom right hand corner.

Nice one Simon, clean to the point, no bull****, good clear points of contact. Incidentally how much did you pay to have this done if you dont mind me asking and how much domain proninance does it get. Have you thought off adding a portfolio of works page?

Bob

Straight to the point and shows clearly what services you offer. Change your 'yahoo' contact email to something like info or simon[@]shplumbheat .co.uk though - or have a contact us form added. Maybe get rid of the words 'home' and 'mobile' from your phone numbers too, definitely get rid of 'home'.

I like it. Clear and to the point. I'd get rid of the photo of the dodgy looking geezer, though. He won't help your business at all. Proper shifty-looking so-and so... :p

Hi Guys
i got a young local ish lad to set everything up and instead of paying a monthly fee I agreed £180 with him there's also a counter for amount of views etc.
UK Based Web Designer for Hire | Web Design by Kevin Sanders
Kevin Sanders local lad and was very helpful and I like to try to give my business to someone in a similar position to myself.

Good stuff. very professional, no BS and everything is clear. would be the sort of thing i want to see if trying to get some work done.

As above, very nice and straight to the point. Looks great in Opera as well. How much attention have you paid to search engine optimisation?

Forgive me, but shouldn't you at least state that you are GSR, at best include the logo AND your GSR number so that skeptics like me can check?

Hi powerflusher 2
I am NOT gsr but do central heating repairs external to the boler.
I am currently studying for the gas.

Marvoni
I can just about start the computer up ! Lol . I can see how many views I have had

SEO should be done by the website designer. It helps if you have regularly updated content on your website maybe a photogallery or a newsletter you update every week or two. Completely static websites aren't favourably ranked by Google et al.

Looks good to me simon......home and mobile could be changed to office and site, but anyone using a small business knows the landline will be home anyway so not really an issue as i see it.....good luck with the GSR.

Hi Murdoch

Tbh I was against putting my address for a few reasons. That's why I have a landline number.

Hi Simon

Great site, nice and simple.

Why don't you join the power flushing association so you can add their logo and give it some more credability.

I've been putting together a gas/plumbing site to see if I can get it to the top of a town rankings where I don't actually do any business. I've been playing with the search engine words to see how I can get it on page one for all search terms.

The business doesn't actually exist so if it works i'll just sell it to a local guy who can go straight to page one.

Petersfield Gas Engineers, Heating Engineers and Plumbers

Good luck mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and managed to get the water turned off pretty quickly so it is not a massive catastrophe. Both times, a fitting popped off a pipe about 15 minutes after...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m looking for any gas engineers vacancies in the north west if any engineers/companies can help me out. I have just completed an Managed Learning Program gas diploma and have passed my ACS for CCN1 and CENWAT with Hybrid Technical Services in Aintree Liverpool that I funded myself. I will...
Replies
Views
Hello Would love some general guidance on what I should be looking out for in the market when purchasing a water softener? I live in a 2 bed flat, with just me and my partner, and would like to think we are 'water considerate'. We've never owned a dishwasher, so benefit of the device is...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I’m just looking for a bit of advice or help I’m currently studying a domestic gas course in Aintree Liverpool. As part of the course I’ve got to complete a on site portfolio with a qualified gas engineer voluntary of course but struggling to find anyone I’ve rang a lot of companies...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock