Discuss water heater questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NL2013

I have discovered (with horror) that the electric water heater (immersion) in the cupboard in the bathroom does not have the top (you could touch the hot water there). Should it be covered or is it normal for ca 50 cm diameter to be totally exposed? Could it be the reason of condensation (on the windows)i n the flat?

If it has to be covered how do I go about finding the right top and what can be approximately the cost of work + materials?

Also, another problem with it: the water comes either too hot or cold - it is almost impossible to fix it at midpoint i.e. warm neither inthe bathroom or kitchen sinks? what could be the problem:

Much appreciated for the advice,

Natalia

have u got a photo to be clear where your coming from please, does the cyl have fortic written on it?

without any pictures, we cant be clear, but from what i gather you are missing the top bit of your immersion heater.
I am also thinking this is why your water is either too hot or too cold, as i think you are missing the temperature control.

i think its a fortic with no cover and the condensation is due to no cover on the storage vessel on top.

yes i agree after re-reading it, lame. But now i cant figure out about the too hot/cold water...

To the OP, have you got some sort of temperature control, near a boiler? or in the immersion heater itself?

Thank you for swift reply!!! I don't have pictures unfortunately, it's about 1.5-1.8 m tall and ca 0.6 m wide, no labels or markings except for FH024 hand painted written on it. So is the conclusion that a) the cover is missing and b) temperature control is missing? How do I go about fixing it? Thank you, Natalia

get a plumber to look for you, to check immersion stat and find a lid

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water heater questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all. So I have an OSO Super SXD 180 immersion heater and it is pouring a huge amount of water out of the cold water pressure relief valve...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm moving to a megaflow from a regular immersion heater set up. The house has several showers and at the moment they are fed by...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are having PV panels fitted which will dump the excess energy into our hot water tank. Our house originally had a large 210L economy7 hot...
Replies
Views
Hello Thank you for joining me I really hope someone can help me here I am having a problem with this immersion heater on the picture, I can't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock