Discuss Wallstar 12/15 bleed point in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry Phillips

Boiler bleeder.jpg

The 'VENT HERE' label is a bit of a giveaway........

That looks like an oil pump it's on. What manufacturers that?

It would be on a sterling burner with a danfoss pump. Give it some welly it might leak when you do it up again so be careful. If its wall mounted which it must be you wont bleed it witjout the burner being on as there is a check valve on the other end of the ool line. Before you ask there should be an air bubble in the oil line.

Moved to the oil forum.

Not come across a wallstar before, threw me a bit.

It's a big bubble...

Attachments

• DSC00402.jpg
    DSC00402.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 36
  • bubble.jpg
    bubble.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 39
is it locking out then? As Kimbo says, a bubble is normal and its only probably so long due to the fact the hose is higher than the pump, see if you can re-ruote it below the burner. Are you qualified for this sort of work?

Oh, and if the bleed is stiff, hang onto the stem with a small wrench or you could turn the stem out too.

is it locking out then? As Kimbo says, a bubble is normal and its only probably so long due to the fact the hose is higher than the pump, see if you can re-ruote it below the burner. Are you qualified for this sort of work?

Oh, and if the bleed is stiff, hang onto the stem with a small wrench or you could turn the stem out too.
Yes it's locked out twice today and more bubbles have risen up, pretty sure that's not normal. Is the reset button the plastic ring that's on the Bentone unit? Not qualified but all seems pretty straight forward. Couldn't budge the damn bleed screw again.

Attachments

• DSC00407.jpg
    DSC00407.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 57
If you dont knoe anything about oil it may be as well to leave it to someone who does

Not quite that straight forward if you can't fix it eh!
Dear oh dear, keep up SimonG keep up. Try reading the posts (if you can read). The straight forward comment referred to re-routing the tube.

If you dont knoe anything about oil it may be as well to leave it to someone who does
Unfortunately it was someone who knew about oil who serviced this boiler for my octogenarian parents and when my ol' dad called him he just said, rather arrogantly, "well it was working when I left"...then he said take the cover off and press the reset button before hanging up on him. How's that for a "qualified person".

"It's not rocket science!" "It's straight forward!"

Two of my favourite statements. Especially when in a "...... But how do you do it?" type post.
Dear oh dearie me.....Read my reply to SimonG croppie, if you too can read

There are qualified people and there are qualified people.

Don't make the mistake of tarring us all with the same brush!

Whereabouts are you Barry. I guarantee one of us ain't far away.

And in case you're wondering, he posted that before my screen refreshed.

The boiler may have been working after the service and the fault developed since. This happens unfortunately. The airbubles may indicate sir being drawn in from a joint or fitting. These suffer from fire valves leaking or drwaing in air it is difficult to say without being there. It could also be a faulty component. The engineer should hsve come out to check it over.

Bit late Kimbo mate.

The op took a leap into the abyss.

To be honest I helped him!

Well at least it answers the 'did he jump, or was he pushed'

He jumped into being pushed.

I love these folk:

Hi expert/ proffessional forum, I have this easy problem, its obviously simple and I understand you dont need a brain to work in your field, BUT I cant fix it - hows it done please?
PS
Any replies that dont meet with my requirement will be met with rudeness and arrogance, hope you dont mind and will help anyway......oh...errrr...whats happened to my login....what does it mean Im 'banned'.....

Can somebody tell me what the op said, apparently I can't read.

just made my day and learned about the wall star bubble to boot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wallstar 12/15 bleed point in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Hi, We had our annual oil burner service carried out by a well known Norfolk firm last Thursday and all was great for a day. Came home from work...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up...
Replies
Views
I have a Grant Vortex Blue 26kw external oil boiler, installed less than 12 months ago. It's had intermittent non-starting problems resulting in...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all. I have a 20 year old Worcester Bosch Heatslave 12/14 Oil-fired I'm getting about 20 seconds of hot water, then the boiler won't fire. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock