Discuss Waht information to include in invoice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CarlH

Hi am looking to start working for myself in the new year (Unless I get work with someone else before then??)
So I'm currently putting things into place i.e. Public liability insurance, advertising etc...
At the moment I'm designing Business cards, letter heads and would like help/advice on what to include in my invoise template.

As in what do I write underneth the list of materials....

Any help would be grateful.

also read somewhere (not sure if it was on here?) that a list of terms and conditions should be written on the back of any estimates/invoices does anyone on here do this?

Thanks again
Carl

Yer got my invoices printed carbonised done locally. I have found this saves money in the long rung, generally paid on completion of the job no postage and typing it up. The cheques in the post has mostly gone to and yes terms and conditions on the back.

Hi CarlH
I recently started out on my own, and I got an invoice template under a search on google, and all I do is print it off and give to customer after job.I get paid when job is done and forward invoice/receipt.

Mine is a reciept/invoice for quotes I always type them up. My reciept is with my company details and logo, a lined boxed document below so I can write what has been done and any advisory notes for the customer.

Then in bold should I not be recieving payment there and then terms 7 days cheques made payable to. Terms and conditions over the other side. If you Private message me and give me you address I can post one to you to give you an idea. Free of charge of course :D

All there is on our INVOICES is " Carry out works as per your specifications"

These specs have been previously drawn up and agreed.

I must live in the dark ages. I have a ÂŁ1.99 carbon copy blank invoice book and have a "rubber" stamp with name, address, telephone and website.

Most say something like 2-3 word on the job title, then materials, then labour and a total at the bottom.

Eg. To installing electric shower
Shower ÂŁ120
Materials ÂŁ50
Labour ÂŁ75
Total ÂŁ245

I use this book for most jobs up to around say ÂŁ200 in value.

I use Word for correspondence, invoices, estimates, etc. or for small jobs where a customer is going to pay via internet banking.

Terms and conditions? Not for me - I prefer to trust my customers and like them to trust me.

The main thing on the invoice after the amount is the description of works

To replace tap washer ÂŁ 45.00

WHAT,you want me to pay ÂŁ 45.00 to replace a washer,or husband gets back from work ,you stupid bit#ch,you paid that for a washer

When really

Called to above due to leaking tap on basin in bath room,upon investigation found no isolation on pipework to basin
As cold supply on mains ,located mains stopcock under sink,found seized,freed off as required,removed tap head on basin tap,replaced washer and greesed inners,replaced tap top,re-enstate water supply,check main stopcock sound and operation of basin tap,all left in correct condition
You will find you have happier customers,using full discription
unless of course you should have replaced bath tap washer :D

Lots of terms and conditions you can use on quotes and estimates,but on invoices they mean nothing if not standard in a court of law

You forgot to add 'reground seat' puddle!. :D

I left that out on purpose,just incase the customer does ring up about cost,I can mention it then,along with polishing tap with tooth brush :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waht information to include in invoice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, I'm hopefully starting a college course in September and have been asked to do an assignment as part of the interview. As I am going to...
Replies
Views
feltham
F
S
Hello folks, i'm not a plumber I'm a Corgi service engineer. But hat's off to you plumber lads - we couldn't have civilisation without you. Fact...
Replies
Views
CharterGAS
C
E
Hi Guys. Firstly I'll introduced myself... My Name's Terry. I've been working in the City for a National Newspaper, recently taken a redundancy...
Replies
Views
T
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock