Discuss Vulane Express Gas Torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it will last longer mate. It looks like pastic to me.

I love my Bernzomatic – still going strong. It’s made in USA – solid.

Why don't you like the super fire? Mines been going strong for years. I do give it a clean regularly tho.

only thing i hate about my surefire is how the finish comes off the handle.

Falls apart easily, flame can't be adjusted properly anymore.
Already stripped and serviced it with new parts not long ago.
Surely there is something better out there?

Falls apart easily, flame can't be adjusted properly anymore.
Already stripped and serviced it with new parts not long ago.
Surely there is something better out there?

Push fit ;-)

**tom runs and hides**

DIY / Professional Range | GoSystem

i use this, cost me around £15 and i can solder 35mm with it without struggle indoors. I have been using it for about 2 years and it has never missed a beat. You do need to keep a sparker or lighter handy but thats not hard really. I only get one of my trigger-torches out once or twice a year now, of those i like my tx-504 the most.

Well I went against your advice and ended up buying it.

It arrived today, first impressions, wow its massive, too big.

Feels Ok, plastic feels good.

Connected it to a bottle, tried lighting it and the ignition is intermittent.

Flames a bit long, overall not happy with it.

Not worth the price at all (twice the price of a SF2).

I'm returning it and will be getting a SF2 instead.

I should have listened to you guys in the first place!

LOL! looks like summat out of "Lost in space"! Had my SF2 for about 10 years and apart from giving it a good clean, has never let me down. At the time I thought it was a hell of a lot of money for a blowtorch, but the amount of gas it saves alone would have covered the cost after about 3 years! Working outside, I could half empty the bottle of my old Primus before I got it fired up with a dodgy old *** lighter!

LOL! looks like summat out of "Lost in space"! Had my SF2 for about 10 years and apart from giving it a good clean, has never let me down. At the time I thought it was a hell of a lot of money for a blowtorch, but the amount of gas it saves alone would have covered the cost after about 3 years! Working outside, I could half empty the bottle of my old Primus before I got it fired up with a dodgy old *** lighter!
my sf2 only lasts about 2 years i used to remove the bottle at the end of each day and the thread used to damage and wear

I use a bernzomatic aswell. Narrow flame, less likely to scorch, exactly like a superfire2 but not as expensivd

I use a bernzomatic aswell. Narrow flame, less likely to scorch, exactly like a superfire2 but not as expensivd

Me too. Much prefer it to the sf2. Easier to solder without burning fabrics. With the sf2 you're always trying to remember where you left the heat shield :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I was and then i threw the sf2 away and got the bernzomatic. Part of Irwin group iirc

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

and following on from the 'identify fitting' thread the sf2 makes a great gas poker :)

BernzOmatic is an American manufacturing company that was founded by Otto Bernz in 1876.

Rothenberger Group was founded by Edwin Rothenberger on 24 May 1949.

I didn't know that...

bernz.jpg

Mine doesnt spark now and again. How much was a replacement crops?

Supplied complete with soldering tongs (4 metre cable)... Wicked! :goofy:

Very slow though. I've got a monument electrical inductance soldering machine and it takes around 4 times as long as with a blow torch. Very handy if you're working very close to highly flammable materials. I was doing a boiler and cylinder swap a few years ago and the cylinder cupboard was lined with polystyrene tiles. Even with a heat mat the tiles would have melted using a blow torch. The customer queried why I was using it and I explained about the fire risk and he seemed quite impressed. He was even more impressed next day when I went back and the front page of his paper had a picture of a listed building burnt to the ground by a plumbing apprentice.

I always remove the gas bottle. I heard that you can be fined up to £1000 if the police stop you and see it. Anyone know if that's actually true?
I've heard of them leaking and blowing up too along the way

Those leaking one were earlier this year and called back to the suppliers

Propane gas bottles ALWAYS leak when u disconnect them. I turn flame off and turn it down and leave it connected

Very slow though. I've got a monument electrical inductance soldering machine .

I do some work in places where the fire alarms & smoke detectors can't be turned off so can't use a blow torch.
Does your machine set off any alarms ?

I do some work in places where the fire alarms & smoke detectors can't be turned off so can't use a blow torch.
Does your machine set off any alarms ?

It can cause smoke if you use too much flux. A lot less than a torch though.

your problem , I speak 3 languages !

I never look for problems , I am hear to chill and have a good time !

I dont use any , if it goes of the alarm I let it run ......
,but if its one of them places where the fire alarm is linked worth the local fire station then is a big risk as the could be charged for a them coming over and not been a real fire (bit disappointing really ) pmsl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vulane Express Gas Torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock