Discuss Vulane Express Gas Torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very slow though. I've got a monument electrical inductance soldering machine and it takes around 4 times as long as with a blow torch. Very handy if you're working very close to highly flammable materials. I was doing a boiler and cylinder swap a few years ago and the cylinder cupboard was lined with polystyrene tiles. Even with a heat mat the tiles would have melted using a blow torch. The customer queried why I was using it and I explained about the fire risk and he seemed quite impressed. He was even more impressed next day when I went back and the front page of his paper had a picture of a listed building burnt to the ground by a plumbing apprentice.

I always remove the gas bottle. I heard that you can be fined up to £1000 if the police stop you and see it. Anyone know if that's actually true?
I've heard of them leaking and blowing up too along the way

I do some work in places where the fire alarms & smoke detectors can't be turned off so can't use a blow torch.
Does your machine set off any alarms ?

It can cause smoke if you use too much flux. A lot less than a torch though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vulane Express Gas Torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back