Discuss Viessmann Vitodens. Hot weather, no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Turned the cylinder stat up but it didn't fire the boiler. Been ok since installation (6 years ago). Problem started towards the end of that hot period last year - maybe had a week of it, then forgot about it (when the day temp cooled back down) until just now with the last couple of hot days. I need to get the boiler serviced also.

Turned the cylinder stat up but it didn't fire the boiler. Been ok since installation (6 years ago). Problem started towards the end of that hot period last year - maybe had a week of it, then forgot about it (when the day temp cooled back down) until just now with the last couple of hot days. I need to get the boiler serviced also.

If the heating is ok there can be much wrong with the boiler

Why would weather come hold hot water off

If it’s not hot water priority and just simple controls it won’t know if heating or hot water is being demanded so will just run in wc mode

Update

Boiler fired up for hot water during the night when it was cooler. Just now (09.30) not firing up for hot water. Outdoor temperature sensor is on a north facing wall, current temperature just below 26 degrees. Disconnected the cables from the sensor, resistance measured about 4.25KOhms, should circa 9KOhms according to the manual data @ 25 degrees.

Left sensor disconnected, switched boiler back on and it fired up for hot water.

However, just talked to Veissmann, they said very likely not the sensor itself. For the outside temperature sensor to work properly there should be a cylinder demand control box wired in (there isn't). Suggested leave the sensor disconnected. When i get an engineer in i'll have the wiring looked at. It was installed as part of a large extension about 5 years, i remember the contractors electrician struggling integrating with the existing electrics + outside sensor! (he didn't understand what the pump over-run did also + also other issues with the lighting circuit).

2019-07-25_100157_www.viessmann.ca.png

View attachment 39680

Last edited:

Reply to Viessmann Vitodens. Hot weather, no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock