Discuss Viessmann Vitodens. Hot weather, no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

We had this problem for a few days last year, but has appeared again. During these warmer temperatures that we are currently experiencing our boiler stops heating the hot water. Upto a couple of days ago when it was cooler it was working fine, and if as last year as soon as it cools off again it will be back to normal working.

Conventional condensing boiler (not combi), it does have the outside weather compensating sensor.

Anyone any ideas - I'll look into getting an engineer in over the next week, but suggestions might help point him in the right direction if these problems have been experienced previously.

JP

sounds like weather comp is holding the boiler off

@townfanjon

Vitodens 100-w 35kw. 2x 22mm pipes to boiler; flow to pump to valve, plus a return.

Yes, heating working, just checked.

Might add that the hot water heats OK when set to come on in the early hours when it's much cooler outside.

Thanks for your patience ;)

IMG_20190724_203247.jpg

100w open vent

Reply to Viessmann Vitodens. Hot weather, no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock