Search the forum,

Discuss Vented CH system constant refilling for a year in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bazza16

Hi all, I need some advice.....I have discovered a leak under the ground floor floorboards which to my knowledge has been going on for about a year, I understand that this means that the system would have been replenishing lost water with fresh regularly for some time, meaning that any inhibitors would have been lost some time ago, can anybody tell me the damage that would have occurred in this time period(say 1 year)
Thanks ...Bazza

Probably no more than a little corrosion. Fix the leak and dose with inhibitor.

Btw, I'd fit a filter on the return by the boiler to catch any crap on it's way back.

rust build up in your system as everything corrodes, just get it flushed through and add some inhibitor, not much else you can do

oops! thanks for your quick replies, should have mentioned that also the system is constantly pushing water through the overflow...any thoughts ?

Thanks
Bazza...

oops! thanks for your quick replies, should have mentioned that also the system is constantly pushing water through the overflow...any thoughts ?

Thanks
Bazza...
Partial blockage where cold feed meets circulation pipe due to build up of crud. Confirm with magnet. Cut out and clean bore of pipe.

or ball valve that wont turn off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vented CH system constant refilling for a year in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning, Does anybody know what happens to a solar thermal flat panels (a pair on south facing slate roof) that have been unused for at least 12 months possibly year before also. System has been switched of due to loss of pressure. How will last years heat wave conditions have effected the panel...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I would say my overall knowledge is not great as I did most of the 4 years working on rinse and repeat estates of houses. I was also quite young and...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock