Discuss Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the risk ya take but could of been worse though couldnt it

Yeah. It takes the shine off it a bit, but it still works out a fair price. Going to seriously dip into the savings though. Thing is the lost productivity of not having a van has been steep. I've also peed off new and old customers as I haven't been able to visit on their booked times (some of them having been waiting weeks for me to come). So it's been one big pain in the backside.

Back in the old Combo tomorrow, and loads of work to do too. Starting trying to earn a few quid!

Love the transporter, I'm having one next. No ones mentioned the Toyota. Mines six years old, new tyres and brake pads. That's it. Zero rust as well.

It's funny, when I was van hunting I went into Toyota to enquire about a new Hiace.

Mate of mine has one that's done 200K and still going strong. Well I got told by the very polite girl on reception that the Hiace is no longer sold in the UK but she thinks its still sold in Europe. Wasn't sure.

I said it's a shame as they have a good reputation which she agreed with, but said they just didn't sell enough to warrant selling them here anymore.

They're great vans from what I can gather.

I'm really lucky as most of my work is local and mostly bathrooms with the odd kitchen. If I have to drive more than 20 mins I'm annoyed and over 45 mins forget it, £10/15 a week on diesel max.

I take my hat off to you guys who drive all over the place and clock up hundreds of miles a week, I just couldn't do it.

It's funny, when I was van hunting I went into Toyota to enquire about a new Hiace.

Mate of mine has one that's done 200K and still going strong. Well I got told by the very polite girl on reception that the Hiace is no longer sold in the UK but she thinks its still sold in Europe. Wasn't sure.

I said it's a shame as they have a good reputation which she agreed with, but said they just didn't sell enough to warrant selling them here anymore.

They're great vans from what I can gather.

I used to have a Hiace. They are uncomfortable, cold, noisy, not very nice to drive etc etc. They are however indestructible and rear wheel drive which makes for lots and lots of fun. Anyone after a cheap second hand van couldn't do any better than to look at getting one. They are not refined at all, but if you want a van to be purely a van then you cannot go wrong.

I used to have a Hiace. They are uncomfortable, cold, noisy, not very nice to drive etc etc. They are however indestructible and rear wheel drive which makes for lots and lots of fun. Anyone after a cheap second hand van couldn't do any better than to look at getting one. They are not refined at all, but if you want a van to be purely a van then you cannot go wrong.

Couldnt agree with you more. I bought mine new because I got so fed up with vans costing me money in repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better...
Replies
Views
At the start of COVID we started increasing the size of a small bungalow to create first floor. All electrics and plumbing removed. Electrics...
Replies
Views
I could really do with some advice. Bit of back history, I have a trianco thorncliffe solid fuel room heater it has a back boiler, my dad put the...
Replies
Views
Good evening. I'm after buying a Ford Transit Custom as my old but trusty Vauxhall combo is starting to feel it now and doesn't look the part...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock