Discuss Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a brand new transit in sept for 6k cheaper than the ford dealership on the Internet i used to have a Peugeot partner spilt head alternator went twice got sick of spending money on it like tamz and his vivaro and it was too small like the combo can nightmare to find stuff the day after finishing a big job, like someone else said we spend a lot of time in our vans so a bit of comfort is a must, only thing is you kinda have to clean it every week as I feel bad having a 16grand van covered in muck

So what website did you get the van from at 6K under the dealership price?

I won't ever clean my van every week, but I totally see what you mean about having £16K of van covered in black soot.

A dirty van is a sign of success as they say.

But then someone wrote 'Gypsy King' in the back of my van on Saturday....it was parked outside a shop on the highstreet....funny, but I did scrub it out straight away.

Happy new car is where I got mine olive in Twickenham they're in hull and dropped to my front door, I was a bit nervous about doing over the Internet but I was more than happy with them

So what website did you get the van from at 6K under the dealership price?

I won't ever clean my van every week, but I totally see what you mean about having £16K of van covered in black soot.

A dirty van is a sign of success as they say.

But then someone wrote 'Gypsy King' in the back of my van on Saturday....it was parked outside a shop on the highstreet....funny, but I did scrub it out straight away.

I always remember a customer once said she called me because she saw the van and liked how clean it was and figured that must reflect in my work. Little did she know :)

I've worked out on average I do 10.5K miles a year, so not much. I know this has a bearing on lease hire. Tend to work local, and though those are less miles than a motorway user, I do spend a fair amount of time in the van. Would love a bit of air con' for the summer. Sitting in traffic sweating my balls off isn't much fun. But the main bonus of a new van is space. Glorious space.

My van is ex BT and the racking is brilliant. It would cost a fortune. However every inch of space is used...and I still can't carry as much as I did in my last van.

Yeah the lack of space was a pig in my old van especially when you knew something was in there but it took half an hour to find it usually at about 6 on a Friday evening! Ford wanted just under 22k for the trend 125 t260 happynewcar did it for 15,800

Yeah, lack of space is a nightmare. My passenger footwell has an old F&E tank, full of pipe clips.The seat a box full of paper work. The back both sides racked, and stuffed. Even behind, beneath the seats I have motorised valves, and pumps. Its a joke.

I will be so much less wound up at work when I have space to put everything.

I wont fall into that trap of carrying extra stuff just as I have more space. My last van (Don't laugh, an LDV) I used to carry a generator incase I was working somewhere that had no power. Loads of other pointless crap. Van before that was a Transit, and I did the same with that, until driving up a hill and the engine went BANG!

I will start carrying the pipe freezer & transformer though.

Yeah I racked mine out with Barton storage bins for the 15/22/28mm fittings couple of f&e tanks for waste fittings and got my electric tools neatly stacked on the floor it's almost a pleasure to go to work I had every nook and cranny filled in my old van could never give anyone a lift it was that full

I had every nook and cranny filled in my old van could never give anyone a lift it was that full

That's me mate. I'm sick of sighing when I know I have to go and uncover half my vans contents to get a munsen ring. (For anyone interested, munsen rings are stored in the canvas bag, at the back left, beneath the racking and behind the wastepipe fittings and the soldering gear box (fishing tackle box).

You can see my pain here right!!

Have a look at the vw transporter. It may not be as big as you want, but they are lovely to drive. I much prefer mine to the transit I used to have. Also now having air con is a real bonus, I wont own a van without it from now on. I spend a lot of time in my van, so I want it to be nice to drive and comfy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better...
Replies
Views
At the start of COVID we started increasing the size of a small bungalow to create first floor. All electrics and plumbing removed. Electrics...
Replies
Views
I could really do with some advice. Bit of back history, I have a trianco thorncliffe solid fuel room heater it has a back boiler, my dad put the...
Replies
Views
Good evening. I'm after buying a Ford Transit Custom as my old but trusty Vauxhall combo is starting to feel it now and doesn't look the part...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock