Discuss Vaccine. .??? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

I've got no issue with having the Vaccine if offered.

I'll be 70 early next year so will possibly fall within the "Over 70's" group.
However, I've got no known underlying conditions, except Tinnitus and dodgy knees. I'm not and never have been on any long term medication, so I may get passed over in favour of someone younger with conditions.

52 and in the clinically extremely vulnerable category.

I'll take it as soon as I can, only issue is I am allergic to penicillin which started 6 years ago. So I dont know how that would affect things.

I read today that doctors surgeries are pulling away from giving the Pfizer jab with the allergy advice.

I'll take it as soon as I can, only issue is I am allergic to penicillin which started 6 years ago. So I dont know how that would affect things.

I read today that doctors surgeries are pulling away from giving the Pfizer jab with the allergy advice.

Yes I have read that , I am allergic to one of the antibiotics and Bradford city fans , we may have a wait pal

Just out of interest, are you having and are ok taking the vaccine ?
Yes definitely. I know two people that have died of this thing and while I also know others that got no more than a few aches and pains they are in their 20s not late 50s like me.

It's really nasty this bug and I can't emphasize that enough. One of my friends daughters got it at university and took it home .....put him in hospital for two weeks and his daughter has had long Covid symptoms and has had to withdraw from university. So I'm afraid it's a roll of a dice with this bug and if your in your 50s have any health issues don't expect an easy ride

So my opinion is stick with medical science and not conspiracies

You will probably have the Oxford Astra Zenica vaccine Simon my neighbour has similar health issues and was refused the Phizer jab? my wife has had it and was rough for a couple of days then fine I am 58 and still waiting to be offered it. Kop

I have no problem having it the vaccine research was well underway long before covid 19 came to our shores due to the past Sars virus it just needed those brilliant scientists to apply it to covid which thankfully they were able to do and hopefully bring us a together again . Regards kop

I had my first jab of Pfizer over 2 weeks ago, all I suffered was an aching arm the next day.
I got my letter as soon as they opened up to over 65's locally and went the next day.

3 friends, all over 65 had the same, just aching arm.

My niece, who's 42, a firm NON believer of Covid, got Covid after Xmas and spent over 2 weeks in hospital, a few days of that on full time oxgen (not ventillator).
She could only walk 20mtrs before running out of breath when she was discharged, but is now slowly improving.

Her husband, the same age, tested positive absolutely no symptoms, my nephew who's a couple of years older and has underlying conditions and lives in the same house tested negative.

The brother of one of my niece's friends got it at the same time, 2 weeks in hospital going downhill followed by 2 weeks in a coma then died. He was 50 ish.
They had all taken advantage of the Xmas Bubble, only taken far too much advantage with lots of get togethers.

She and all her friends are now no longer non believers and are actively educating all their other friends.

Last edited:

Reply to Vaccine. .??? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back