Discuss Unvented cylinder size in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Yeah, thats the one, it still works and gives us heat! Its bastard expensive to run mind...
Im not against upgrading it, but i need to justify the cost against the working unit tbh...

Water softners a thing to look at....? Whats the best thing without spending a million bucks....😫
Here's one I recommend around £500 . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230302-103339.png
    Screenshot_20230302-103339.png
    316.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230302-103425.png
    Screenshot_20230302-103425.png
    387 KB · Views: 17
Lost how mate? A new boiler and unvented cylinder with the boiler wired to a external weather sensor , I've recommended a water softener above . Kop
SO, at present im on a y plan, am i right in thinking, with an unvented a cylinder, it would be best to change over to an s plan, with the two valves close to the boiler? And if so, do i require an extra 5 or 6 core wire to link up new valves,??
If the y plan stays, i assume the new valve just goes near the cylinder somewhere and gets wired to the control centre....

Just want to try and do half a job! But do it right once!
New boiler is a bit costly at present...

SO, at present im on a y plan, am i right in thinking, with an unvented a cylinder, it would be best to change over to an s plan, with the two valves close to the boiler?
Weather compensation, if that's what you are still considering (I've lost track), is incompatible with standard S-plan with a cylinder as one zone because most of the time the CH water is below the 65°C minimum needed to heat the cylinder.

Various ways to do it but here's the Ideal wiring diagram for their heat only boiler and unvented cylinder with a outdoor sensor installed .Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230303-195634.png
    Screenshot_20230303-195634.png
    303.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20230303-194928.png
    Screenshot_20230303-194928.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 11
SO, at present im on a y plan, am i right in thinking, with an unvented a cylinder, it would be best to change over to an s plan, with the two valves close to the boiler? And if so, do i require an extra 5 or 6 core wire to link up new valves,??
If the y plan stays, i assume the new valve just goes near the cylinder somewhere and gets wired to the control centre....

Just want to try and do half a job! But do it right once!
New boiler is a bit costly at present...
5 core and basically yes I'd change the 3 port to two or even 3 - 2 ports zone valves does your property need to be as warm upstairs as it does downstairs?

Reply to Unvented cylinder size in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
H
Sizing an indirect H/W cylinder. What size of H/W cylinder would I need for a property with 9 bathrooms?
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock