Search the forum,

Discuss UK property repair in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael c

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys I've just invested a £1000 into getting a contract with these guys on a basis of a guaranteed contract of 375 cp12s a year at £60 per cp12 plus £36 for legionnalla test. £72 per call out and the ability to quote for installs. However I've just been told today on my ACS course a friend of a guy on the course joined them last year and has received no work. Now I'm terrified I've just threw away all that money which I couldnt afford does anyone have any positive experiences with them or is it all bad news?

Unfortunately does sound dodgy to me. Heard it too many times.

I haven't had any dealings with them but I wouldn't be buying into a contract mate!!

I got advice from an accountant and told it was common practice for larger contracts so took a leap of faith

Sounds like a common scam to me, they send emails every few months, I just delete them. I would go to trading standards, get a new accountant and accept the possibility you may of lost a grand!

Oh mate... :(

Get these emails almost daily. It's almost certainly a scam. If you paid by credit card you may have some chance of getting your money back. I would certainly speak with Trading Standards.

The company was only formed in Feb 2016, is based is Leigh-on-Sea (Essex) but the director is based in Lanarkshire. Sounds pretty fishy to me....

Stressed to high heaven now

I feel for you mate. When I first started out I was almost suckered in by a very similar scheme. Certain number of properties, all work to come to me etc etc. Wanted nearly £1500 and I thank my lucky stars that by that time I'd discovered this forum...

Hope you get your money back, or that we're wrong and it's legit and profitable for you.

First steps, if I were you, would be Trading Standards and Citizens' Advice Bureau. They'll be able to give expert advice and may even be able to intervene on your behalf.

Last edited by a moderator:
This mob use to be under another name but for life of me i can't remember what they were called.Friend off mine nearly got conned into exactly same thing luckily he was talking about it to me and i said about this forum to check it out.
He then went back to them said he wasn't signing into them , told themm he read about them on here which they then claimed they were taking UKPF to court .

Funnily they dispersed but it sounds like they are back under a different banner

The reason I joined this forum a few years ago, was to ask the same question. Luckily the answers I got on here sounded alarm bells. So nearly put my hand in my pocket to lay out a few thousand and take a lad on to do the work.
The forum was correct and it was a scam.

Oh mate... :(

Get these emails almost daily. It's almost certainly a scam. If you paid by credit card you may have some chance of getting your money back. I would certainly speak with Trading Standards.

The company was only formed in Feb 2016, is based is Leigh-on-Sea (Essex) but the director is based in Lanarkshire. Sounds pretty fishy to me....

Weren't the previous lot trying this on based up that way?

To the OP hope we're wrong :(

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/g...32096-anyone-heard-nus-ltd-15.html#post852948

Been at it for years, keep changing their name etc. To be honest, if alarm bells don't start ringing when someone asks you for money to work for them you need to give your head a shake! And change your accountant. They tend to use a standard format email with different company names. Think you've got to be prepared to kiss your money goodbye as they aren't doing anything illegal, just immoral. The contract doesn't actually promise the work

OP I just wish you had sounded it out on here first. Im really hoping you get your money back, chin up son

This con has been doing the rounds for years, based in Scotland, use same format in drawing people into the net , promise of X amount of property's in whatever area you want with chance of buying more, Total rip off think you can say good buy to the 1K

When did you buy this contract? There may be some sort of cooling off or cancellation period? Read the fine print and maybe get your arse down the citizens advice pronto

If it is based at Leigh on sea,the director ,Malcolm Thornton is involved with 13 active companies in the area and was linked to 8 inactive ones.U.K.Property Repairs could be one of a number of companies with a similar name so this may not be the correct one.It seems to have changed its address a few times.It has been active for 6 years and seems to file accounts.IF the correct one it would seem worth a call to the local trading standards people if you cannot get your money back.Surely offering goods /services and accepting payment must break some law IF not delivered ,whatever the small print might say.I make no allegations against the above company.It would be good if they delivered what was promised.
If an accountant actually encouraged you ,rather than warning you off,you need to talk seriously with him.Keep in touch.

Last edited:
And here we go again!

Good Morning,

UK Property Repair require a domestically qualified Heating & Plumbing Engineer to maintain an ongoing contract for a minimum of 425 domestic rental properties within the S Postcode Area.

The chosen Engineer/Contractor will be required to look after the annual landlord gas safety certificates and servicing for each property. We would prefer if all boiler repairs and breakdowns are covered by the chosen Contractor, as well as any resulting installations after the original breakdown but this is negotiable. The chosen contractor will also be asked to undertake the course to carry out Legionella Risk Assessments as part of the contract.

What can we offer you?
Guaranteed contract work within the S Postcode Area, for a minimum of 12 months with the option to extend.
Each rental property is legally required to have an annual Landlord Gas Safety Certificate carried out.
Set prices for specific general works, i.e. CP12 & Boiler Service, daytime call outs will be negotiated and guaranteed before the start of the contract.
28 days’ notice will always be given for planned maintenance work.
Only 1 company/contractor will be chosen. No competing for work.
Payments will be made within 14 days from the date the invoices are received.
You must be:
Able to cover the S Postcode Area.
Gas Safe registered.
Hold a minimum £1 million Public Liability Insurance (Can be set up).
Have a good understanding of the industry and previous experience in this type of work is essential.
Confident that you are able to offer the contract the attention and commitment it requires. You must have space in your diary.
About Us:
UK Property Repair are a property maintenance company who look after a large number of Clients within the UK. We currently look after well over 5,000 properties ranging from 1 bedroom houses to full blocks of flats.

We are delighted to be able to offer full property management and maintenance under the one roof and are able to cover every job required on both domestic and commercial properties. Regardless of the size of job, UK Property Repair can comfortably look after your needs no matter if it’s simply fixing a leaking tap or planning and installing a full new extension.

At present, we do not employ any Engineers directly. Our business is focused on solely working with the best local Contractors on a sub contract basis to ensure that we get the best of both worlds - full national coverage with the luxury of selecting from a bank of quality tradesman after a thorough vetting and selection process.

To Recap:

1. UK Property Repair legally guarantees that the selected contractor will be provided with a minimum of 425 compliant properties within the S Postcode Area.
2. The chosen Contractor will have the luxury to book their own diary and the contract is designed to work around their availability.
3. You will be required to look after the Landlord’s Gas Safety Check along with any general call out’s and breakdowns.
4. Set prices will be agreed before the contract begins.
5. You will be paid within 14 days of the invoice being received.

What to do next:

If you feel the contract could be of interest to you, I am available to discuss in more depth and would be keen to find out more about your business.
Additionally, if you would like to declare a formal interest and feel that your company fits the criteria mentioned above feel free to contact using the details below.

I look forward to speaking with you

Kind Regards

Lee Robinson
Contract Manager

UK Property Repair
0141 230 5275
07493 811 786

Home | UK Property Repair
[email protected]

Told em I'm forwarding to Trading Standards! Scamming tw@ts

And here we go again!

Good Morning,

UK Property Repair require a domestically qualified Heating & Plumbing Engineer to maintain an ongoing contract for a minimum of 425 domestic rental properties within the S Postcode Area.

The chosen Engineer/Contractor will be required to look after the annual landlord gas safety certificates and servicing for each property. We would prefer if all boiler repairs and breakdowns are covered by the chosen Contractor, as well as any resulting installations after the original breakdown but this is negotiable. The chosen contractor will also be asked to undertake the course to carry out Legionella Risk Assessments as part of the contract.

What can we offer you?
Guaranteed contract work within the S Postcode Area, for a minimum of 12 months with the option to extend.
Each rental property is legally required to have an annual Landlord Gas Safety Certificate carried out.
Set prices for specific general works, i.e. CP12 & Boiler Service, daytime call outs will be negotiated and guaranteed before the start of the contract.
28 days’ notice will always be given for planned maintenance work.
Only 1 company/contractor will be chosen. No competing for work.
Payments will be made within 14 days from the date the invoices are received.
You must be:
Able to cover the S Postcode Area.
Gas Safe registered.
Hold a minimum £1 million Public Liability Insurance (Can be set up).
Have a good understanding of the industry and previous experience in this type of work is essential.
Confident that you are able to offer the contract the attention and commitment it requires. You must have space in your diary.
About Us:
UK Property Repair are a property maintenance company who look after a large number of Clients within the UK. We currently look after well over 5,000 properties ranging from 1 bedroom houses to full blocks of flats.

We are delighted to be able to offer full property management and maintenance under the one roof and are able to cover every job required on both domestic and commercial properties. Regardless of the size of job, UK Property Repair can comfortably look after your needs no matter if it’s simply fixing a leaking tap or planning and installing a full new extension.

At present, we do not employ any Engineers directly. Our business is focused on solely working with the best local Contractors on a sub contract basis to ensure that we get the best of both worlds - full national coverage with the luxury of selecting from a bank of quality tradesman after a thorough vetting and selection process.

To Recap:

1. UK Property Repair legally guarantees that the selected contractor will be provided with a minimum of 425 compliant properties within the S Postcode Area.
2. The chosen Contractor will have the luxury to book their own diary and the contract is designed to work around their availability.
3. You will be required to look after the Landlord’s Gas Safety Check along with any general call out’s and breakdowns.
4. Set prices will be agreed before the contract begins.
5. You will be paid within 14 days of the invoice being received.

What to do next:

If you feel the contract could be of interest to you, I am available to discuss in more depth and would be keen to find out more about your business.
Additionally, if you would like to declare a formal interest and feel that your company fits the criteria mentioned above feel free to contact using the details below.

I look forward to speaking with you

Kind Regards

Lee Robinson
Contract Manager

UK Property Repair
0141 230 5275
07493 811 786

Home | UK Property Repair
[email protected]

Told em I'm forwarding to Trading Standards! Scamming tw@ts

Exactly the same email as before, different company name. I hope the OP got somewhere with cancelling / getting a refund.

If it is based at Leigh on sea,the director ,Malcolm Thornton is involved with 13 active companies in the area and was linked to 8 inactive ones.U.K.Property Repairs could be one of a number of companies with a similar name so this may not be the correct one.It seems to have changed its address a few times.It has been active for 6 years and seems to file accounts.IF the correct one it would seem worth a call to the local trading standards people if you cannot get your money back.Surely offering goods /services and accepting payment must break some law IF not delivered ,whatever the small print might say.I make no allegations against the above company.It would be good if they delivered what was promised.
If an accountant actually encouraged you ,rather than warning you off,you need to talk seriously with him.Keep in touch.

Having seen leelister6's post ,it looks like the Glasgow based scammers are still active.As I said in my post ,it is easy to post under a variety of similar names.I was off track with my google research. The UK part allows them to reel in the widest range of victims.

sorry guys I've been stuck unable to get on the site. thanks for everyone's help. I was desperate and looks like I have been taken for a ride. I have a meeting with Peter heron on Friday so if they don't give me the work I will be seeking legal advice.

sorry guys I've been stuck unable to get on the site. thanks for everyone's help. I was desperate and looks like I have been taken for a ride. I have a meeting with Peter heron on Friday so if they don't give me the work I will be seeking legal advice.

your already on board now!
there maybe a chance of getting a refund if not go with the flow and try to make enough back if they give you the work. or sue them. good luck.

I spoke with these a couple of weeks ago and it sent alarm bells ringing when they asked for £1500 for the so called "guaranteed work". I've had numerous emails from Lee Robinson since stating i have one last chance to get on board. I hope you get your money back!

Michael, please let us know what actually happens. There was an article recently in the Gas Mag warning against this company(s). I get these almost on a weekly basis. Frankly, a quick Google would have warned you.

UK PR claim to have thousands of client contracts. if you have paid for a service and repair contract, you will expect a speedy solution. They guarantee exclusivity of area to RGI's.

The obvious question is:
How can a one man band possibly guarantee to react quickly to each and every contract holder?

it's definitely a con I spoke with one of their Estate agents who told me they had been asked to meet me but never signed any contracts

it's definitely a con I spoke with one of their Estate agents who told me they had been asked to meet me but never signed any contracts

try and get some work from that estate agent and hope it will come good for money spent!
even if its some cheap cp12's and reactive maintenance.

i do indirect work for agents and i am quite happy covering around £15k pa, from them, payed within 14 days and piece of p topping pressure up for £50 a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to UK property repair in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock