Discuss UK property repair in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael c

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys I've just invested a £1000 into getting a contract with these guys on a basis of a guaranteed contract of 375 cp12s a year at £60 per cp12 plus £36 for legionnalla test. £72 per call out and the ability to quote for installs. However I've just been told today on my ACS course a friend of a guy on the course joined them last year and has received no work. Now I'm terrified I've just threw away all that money which I couldnt afford does anyone have any positive experiences with them or is it all bad news?

Unfortunately does sound dodgy to me. Heard it too many times.

I haven't had any dealings with them but I wouldn't be buying into a contract mate!!

I got advice from an accountant and told it was common practice for larger contracts so took a leap of faith

Sounds like a common scam to me, they send emails every few months, I just delete them. I would go to trading standards, get a new accountant and accept the possibility you may of lost a grand!

Oh mate... :(

Get these emails almost daily. It's almost certainly a scam. If you paid by credit card you may have some chance of getting your money back. I would certainly speak with Trading Standards.

The company was only formed in Feb 2016, is based is Leigh-on-Sea (Essex) but the director is based in Lanarkshire. Sounds pretty fishy to me....

Stressed to high heaven now

I feel for you mate. When I first started out I was almost suckered in by a very similar scheme. Certain number of properties, all work to come to me etc etc. Wanted nearly £1500 and I thank my lucky stars that by that time I'd discovered this forum...

Hope you get your money back, or that we're wrong and it's legit and profitable for you.

First steps, if I were you, would be Trading Standards and Citizens' Advice Bureau. They'll be able to give expert advice and may even be able to intervene on your behalf.

Last edited by a moderator:
This mob use to be under another name but for life of me i can't remember what they were called.Friend off mine nearly got conned into exactly same thing luckily he was talking about it to me and i said about this forum to check it out.
He then went back to them said he wasn't signing into them , told themm he read about them on here which they then claimed they were taking UKPF to court .

Funnily they dispersed but it sounds like they are back under a different banner

The reason I joined this forum a few years ago, was to ask the same question. Luckily the answers I got on here sounded alarm bells. So nearly put my hand in my pocket to lay out a few thousand and take a lad on to do the work.
The forum was correct and it was a scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to UK property repair in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Question for the plumbers turned gas engineers. Do you still carry out plumbing repairs, bathroom installations, etc. I still do but getting fed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have been a gas engineer since 2003 but I have been off the tools in management since 2010 so a little rusty with changers to the regs. I...
Replies
Views
Okay. So I have a ground floor shop and second floor flat for sale (potentially). No major need to get shot of them, but not a lot of point...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've had a read of similar threads and am going through my own decisions at the moment. Spent 8 years at BG and currently work for a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here, a layperson homeowner, stopping by in desperation to try and get a better understanding of my options regarding a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock