Search the forum,

Discuss two pulled bends on one pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to put a 90 degrees bend on a pipe then an offset, any tips on keeping te offset and the 90 square? As on site so no vice

Eye it and adjust with your knee, as long as it's small stuff
Do the off set first, easier to get the 90 spot on after

binocular vision is essential, if you only have one eye your screwed

Always handy to carry a small angle rule in your pocket

Last edited by a moderator:
3c722d5951b0a2f8b9fd8f69741d2625.jpg

Do it by eye or just get the angle with the rule you need - handy for underfloor angles etc
Lay the rule on the floor and pull to that angle looking down the bender.

3 quid

Much easier to bend it using a frame bender. Hand benders are much harder to use because they are moving as you hold them.
As said, do the offset first and then line in up for doing the 90 degree

Get some practice in on some scrap. I try to use the hand bender as much as possible, even when it cant be seen. Once had 5 bends and a set on one full length of copper that was going under floor in an extension, had to tweak it a bit when fitting but looked awesome and gaffer was well impressed!

I always use benders as I just prefer the look of formed bends. It doesn't take me any longer so I think why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to two pulled bends on one pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I will need: install new 100mm pvc pipe work, 90-degree bend for new W/C install new 100mm pvc pipe work, 90-degree bend with new gully pot at rear of new extension for sink waste clean water pipe carry out 2 x Lead connections with a new T section No excavation needed, all is digged out.
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a search and couldn't find anything related. Installing a wall mounted toilet, unfortunately didn't know this when I put the soil pipe in position. The supplied fitting is now approximately 130mm offset from the vertical connection. Any ideas? (amateur obviously!) Wondered...
Replies
Views
D
Had a collapsed/cracked collar on the 90deg angled piece that my soil pipe sits in which is leaking water so has needed replacing. Access has been through the outside wall to inside as the soil pipe is internal and boxed in. Now I was expecting the plumber to fit a ‘rest bend’ but a 90 degree...
Replies
Views
Hi, came across this old push fit waste pipe. Stripped out the old shower and it was a 40mm waste pipe siliconed in the fitting. The fittings at floor level so I’d be looking to bend (90 degrees) straight away so I can get the lowest possible shower tray. Could someone advise what I could...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I would say my overall knowledge is not great as I did most of the 4 years working on rinse and repeat estates of houses. I was also quite young and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock