Search the forum,

Discuss Trianco boiler flu in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ollywest

Hi Guys
I've seen a post on here regarding leaking flu seals on Trianco balanced flu causing the burner to cycle on/off. I have that problem and removing the air feed pipe solves it, the burner stays out and runs fine.
We're looking to move the boiler in a few weeks (into new extension) so don't really want to dismantle flu and reseal, assuming I provide frsh air into the room is there a problem with running with air pipe disconnected for a while ? There is a carbon monoxide detector in room which is showing OK so don't think there is flu gas leaking.
Cheers

Yes there is a problem
It's not how the manufacturer designed it.

Get a professional in before you kill yourself and family. Unbelievably dangerous. I just don't get some people's mentality sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trianco boiler flu in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my house, in place of the garage, most would give me a suggestion to put in a) an extension to the existing boiler rad circuit & electric water heaters...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock