Discuss Top 10 tools you always use in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

freakmaster

Hi, I would like to know what are the top 10 stuff or tools you like to have always on hand.
Are there screws, duct tabe or screwdrivers, you always use. I excluded the Plumber wrench:smile5:, because i think most of you already have 3 arm just for it.
Let me know, I looking for an inspiration to make your work easier
[h=1][/h]

Adjustable spanners, pipe slice, grips, benders, blowlamp, Jr hacksaw, plastic pipe cutters, chisel, hammer, multitool. All in no particular order.

Hi, I would like to know what are the top 10 stuff or tools you like to have always on hand.
Are there screws, duct tabe or screwdrivers, you always use. I excluded the Plumber wrench:smile5:, because i think most of you already have 3 arm just for it.
Let me know, I looking for an inspiration to make your work easier
[h=1][/h]

Think you need spell checker first and foremost.

Sorry not my mother tongue, what you mean with come again?

Ok, come again meaning try again as you are not making much sense.

I looking for an inspiration to make your work easier
[h=1][/h]

Are you looking to invent a tool or asking because you want to buy tools to do plumbing work?

I wanted to know what the top 10 tools are, that are used by plumbers. I want to create a transport device for the forearm

You only need 5 tools

Grips
Spanner
Big hammer
Duct tape
Blow lamp

That's it :D

Ok so might be wrong word, obvius that nobody carries a hammer on the forearm. What I was looking for were pipe clamps and screws. So the little stuff. Is there a word for that other just stuff?

Mate, what is your mother tongue and how do you earn a living now?

Damit, that`s where I`ve been going wrong, lugging around a heavy toolbag. :annoyed:

yep you can if you dont have duct tape use cable ties and carrier bags

Top tools for me

Pencil (behind the ear) Pen in the pocket
Tape (clipped to pants or pocket)
Knife (clipped to pocket)
Phone (in the pocket)
Voltage pen (in the pocket)

No need for any fancy arm carrier

Would be nice to invent a square ring spanner for those newfangled radiator valves that you don't do up with an internal Allen key. Nigh impossible to remove if someone's wound them in with hemp and paste.

At a guess:

1. Pen deburrer.
2. Adjustable spanners - I have some nice ones where the jaw slides down the handle instead of at right angles to it.
3. Steel rule.
4. Water pump pliers.
5. #2 Pozi screwdriver.
6. Torch (the type that you use to see in the dark).
7. Adjustable pipe cutter, Monument type.
8. Pencil and note pad.
9. 15/22 hand bender.
10. Monument type tap 'spanner'.

Last edited:
Frenchman, in Germany. ......

Hmmmmmmm.......

Keeping an eye on this one for now.....

You suspicious old dog you :wink:

Thought that's what we have mates or apprentice's for ? Something fixed on your arm cant see it being any good in this trade, loads of tool belts etc. available, even fishing jacket (Body warmer) loads of pockets.

this is the post that got me here, and i wanted to make sure that I got the right stuff, I'm working on something similar but this look interresting too https://kindafunnyforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2705#p38912

I don't want to put a downer on it mate, but I wouldn't have thought there is any need for an arm tool holder in our trade. We need to get our arms ( and bodies ) into small spaces, a watch is sometimes a hindrance!!!

I don't want to put a downer on it mate, but I wouldn't have thought there is any need for an arm tool holder in our trade. We need to get our arms ( and bodies ) into small spaces, a watch is sometimes a hindrance!!!

Tool vest is useful, can be removed quickly and easily if needs be.

ok thank you all for your input, I will see what the other craftmen areas will say

Tool vest is useful, can be removed quickly and easily if needs be.

Good one Croppie , otherwise its put down tool bag/sack , and climb inside oversize cupboard under sink , catching self on alloy bands attached to earth bonding cables !

Last edited:
Bahco 8" wide jaw adjustable
Rothernberger 10" grips
Tape measure
Pencil
No. 2 Pozi Screwdriver
Spirit Level
Stanley knife
Pipe slices
Torch
Hammer

Used most of bellow on dailly basis:

4mm Wera screwdriver
No. 2 Phillips Wera
No. 2 Pozi Wera
8mm Wera slotted driver
Bahco 9033 Wide adjustable
Bahco 8070 small adjustable
Knipex KN 86 03 250 Pliers wrench 250 mm
Rothenberger 7-inch Water Pump Plier
Regin premier 45 manometer
Fluke 116
Pen

Get a long 17mm open ended spanner, it will fit most valve pegs.

Bacho wide 8" adjustable spanner
Rigid 12" pipe wrench
Knipex 250mm cobra pliers
pipe slices
Wera chisel screwdriver set
Magnetic spirit level
Stanley fat max tape measure
Estwing hammer
Lenser head torch
Allen key set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Top 10 tools you always use in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking...
Replies
Views
The rusty bit with a hole at the top looks quite old, feels flimsy, and is a single skin 100mm x 400mm. The boiler has a 600mm new pipe rising...
Replies
Views
Back