Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet horizontal soil pan connector with multiple bends in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adamlondon

Hi all,

I need some advice installing a new toilet. Please tell me if you think if it is likely to create blockage if I install an horizontal rigid pan connector with multiple bends; it is about 1.5 meters long from the toilet to the vertical pipe, and I have limited gradient (maybe 15mm if I am lucky) see drawing below.
I had bad experiences with flexible pan connectors before so I would prefer to avoid these.

Many thanks

Adam

pan connector.png

oh dear, can the part in the floor be turned at all? or is it fixed in place?

looking at the position of the floor soil pipe i'd say a low level had been changed to a close coupled

The parts in black on the drawing cannot be moved, and modifying the position of the pan would be a last resort for all sorts of reasons.
It is not on an outside wall, the whole thing is inside the bathroom; the wall behind the pan is relatively small (bricks) but there is my kitchen behind so i cannot put the connector through there. I will have to box the connector somehow.

So do you guys think this design is likely to have blockages or will it work like this?

I personally don't think you got enough drop

will block for sure could you get a connection lower than the existing one ?

What happened to the old toilet as I can't believe that set up would've worked for that either

Don`t know the fall on the pipe required with all those bends but raise the pan with a plinth and put a roding eye on the first 90?

Hi Steveb,

I think you are right the bathroom must have been designed with a low level toilet originally, and it has changed position several times over the past 30 years. Now I am putting a more modern one, and as you said the position of the soil pipes makes things a bit harder when changing the position of the pan again.

Adam

Hi Riley,

the old toilet used to face the soil pipe directly, so there were no bends and not much distance from the pan. Now the bathtub took the place the toilet (I am reorganising the entire bathroom), so the actual position of the pan makes the most sense.

The saniflow idea should work but that's another can of worms and expenses I would prefer to avoid if possible.

I think rpm option is the best by turning at 45° if that's doable you can get some nice Corner toilets

or can you do this?

pan connector.png

Can you not cut the soil pipe below the branch & then you can put a new branch in at any angle....

Any chance of cutting pipe flush with floor and using a Mcalpine DC1 fittings which fits inside pipe and and then a branch in to that? You'll be 120mm off the floor so roughly 60mm and you can go direct to pan and a 90 pan con

I unfortunately cannot modify the vertical soil pipe, its shared with the upstairs neighbour, and it is made of metal or ceramics I believe, so I cannot modify that part. The floor is concrete.

If I raise the toilet pan somehow, how much gradient should I have at least with all these bends?

Thanks

Adam

Adam you are misunderstanding I think. you should be able to cut the part fixed in the floor flush with the floor and do as several members have mentioned above. if you can post pics it would be a great help.

Modifying the vertical soil pipe is not an option, and using a different one (or new one) inside or outside the building is not an option either.

If I raise the toilet pan around 8 cm, would that be enough with all the bends?

Thanks

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet horizontal soil pan connector with multiple bends in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock