Search the forum,

Discuss Today's install. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
noose.jpg...

Lovely install! Is that an open end left on a gas pipe?!....

And I'd guess at a Worcester ri boiler!

Lovely install! Is that an open end left on a gas pipe?!....

And I'd guess at a Worcester ri boiler!

It is but a future gas pipe, open both ends, the clients using the original boiler which is being moved from one end of the house to the other, so all the pipes are in place for the changeover.

And all wrong on the boler guesses. :)

Was just going to put vent on top of boiler, do megaflow specify otherwise?
flue easily clears gutter/ soffit. The drawing is a rough outline.

We'll see for sure tomorrow, it's changeover day.

yep should have one on coil flow pal, all covered in MI's

I reckon its a Chaffoteaux Challenger that he has been saving for that "special" job.

On second thoughts, he's taken an old Diplomat out of a demolition job, and now he's going to wall hang the beast, and get another 40 years out of it. :)

Apart from the wall-hanging part, thats probably not as silly as it sounds. :)

Ps nice work but York bottom clip on the horizontal run is on the pull bend and at an angle -1 point

Nice job ,, Can't see the balance valve on the cylinder return , !!!

Under Part L balance valves shouldn't be fitted to the hot water primaries. The balancing valve is to ensure that there is capacity to run the heating and hot water at the same time. Modern control systems allow the water heating to be timed earlier than the heating which enables a quicker more efficient heat up time with no detrimental effect on the heating.

i reckon it's an Apollo Fanfare being fitted.

yep should have one on coil flow pal, all covered in MI's

"it is reccommended that an air bleed point or automatic air vent is incorporated in the primary return pipework close to the megaflow eco unit"

surley my vent near the boiler should suffice? What would everyone else do?

Vent on flow and return next to unvented cylinder and vent on flow to vented cylinder !
Vent I use is manual not automatic on sealed systems !
vent on open vent I use are automatic

"it is reccommended that an air bleed point or automatic air vent is incorporated in the primary return pipework close to the megaflow eco unit"

surley my vent near the boiler should suffice? What would everyone else do?

what i would do is loose no sleep what so ever over an air vent

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361472270.518969.jpg

And the winner of 4 kazillion points is...... Gasmanrob.

Clapclapclapclapclap.

And before you Lot start going on this was before the condensate was finished.

Pahah that's why the apprentice nearly cut his finger off today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Today's install. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock