Search the forum,

Discuss Time for a new van guys need something bigger. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
In the market for a new van well not brand new ! Year old maybe interested in your opions on which brand has worked out well for you need 3 seats upfront and ply lined and roof rack. Cheers all kop

Vauxhall astra on a 60 plate getting ridiculous now :confused::confused:

20181015_093113.jpg

Screenshot_20190120-195059_Photos.jpg

20181015_093011.jpg

3 seats on the berlingo sized vans are a joke.

Definitely a dispatch or transit custom.

I tried a relay for a while, but just carry much more crap around. Back to a doblo now.

I had a dispatch as well for a while. It was a flat diesel 1.9. Wish I had gone for the turbo diesel.

Just read this out of interest and found it interesting being bigger than a Caddy and smaller than a Transit/ Vauxhall with good MPG and I was wrong it`s not a Renault engine. Toyota Proace van review
(Make sure you read all of it and scroll past the sales adverts).

Just bought the vito. I wanted an auto.
Had 3 vitos. Only gripe is that it's abit too big - difficult to get the compact model especially in the auto
Only other van I considered was the Caddy Maxi
The PSA vans are good but seem to cost more than the vito. I'd go for the Toyota based on the fact they're as cheap as the other two but you get 5years warranty. Best option is probably the medium 2.0 comfort model
Look on the Toyota and Mercedes used van sites. AA site is decent too
Vito has to be the 2litre. 1.6 is Renault and gutless
New vivaros are PSA too. Vivaro , dispatch, proace, expert all exactly same van. Good reveiws on the forums. Choose which one you like the look of.

Last edited:
I agree with the sentiment that a bigger van likely gets filled with more crap. Although since you're driving an Astra you could def do with a bigger van in your case.

I have a Dispatch and it's very over-stuffed but I'm thinking in terms of better organisation and more racking. I also hate the thought of what I imagine must be an annoying initial period where you keep spotting parking spaces then realising you can no longer fit in them. Only an issue if you live/work where parking is competitive.

Some interesting points raised by you all thank you chaps based on the information I am learning towards the mid size , proace , expert or dispatch , maybe a swb transit if I can find one at the right price , parking is ok have my own drive but dont want a huge lump stuck out there. Cheers all kop

Reply to Time for a new van guys need something bigger. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I bought a 61 plate transit which has been great but is now off the road for a few weeks at least - which now that i am established and making decent...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was done on my rental flat (1st floor) which has a 10 year old Aviston E-combi EVO boiler. It failed based on rusting external flu components, which has...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking from the en-suite down into the reception room and the fitter promptly came and repaired it, it was something to do with the area under the sink. We...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock